This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's the bgl file?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhasdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's the bgl file?
    Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 5:41pm
I've just replaced TrafficX with Traffic360 and I am seeing enough non-default AI to be pretty sure it's working. Where does the traffic360.bgl live, though? I've looked in Scenery/World/Scenery where the others are, but can't see it. Is it somewhere else, or does it have a different name?
Rats! Why won't anything work properly first time?
dhasdell View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhasdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 4:07pm
I have found it Smile
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 5:07pm
well done.....was it a hidden file?
dhasdell View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhasdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2014 at 5:17pm
No, it seems to be called traffic_ai.bgl rather than traffic360.bgl. No credit to me though. I asked elsewhere as well as here.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 5:03pm
some file names are so strange and give no indication to their contents...
dhasdell View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhasdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2014 at 5:08pm
Embarrassed ok!
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2016 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by dhasdell dhasdell wrote:

No, it seems to be called traffic_ai.bgl rather than traffic360.bgl. No credit to me though. I asked elsewhere as well as here.
I'm trying to figure out the same thing in my Traffic 360 in FSX Steam edition, but the closest I can find is ai-traffic.bgl (dated 3/17/2013) in P:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery.

Is that the same thing?
dhasdell View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhasdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 10:36am
Sorry - I am away from my flight simming computer at the moment, so I can't check. I doubt if the name would have changed, though. If you installed Traffic360 a day or more after installing FSX-Steam you could try comparing dates on the files. Actually they might be different anyway - the original traffic bgl will have a different date from the default one and from the rest of the Steam install. Alternatively you could try moving one of the traffic bgl files temporarily to the desktop so that it isn't used and see what difference it makes.
Aquilam View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquilam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by dhasdell dhasdell wrote:

Sorry - I am away from my flight simming computer at the moment, so I can't check. I doubt if the name would have changed, though. If you installed Traffic360 a day or more after installing FSX-Steam you could try comparing dates on the files. Actually they might be different anyway - the original traffic bgl will have a different date from the default one and from the rest of the Steam install. Alternatively you could try moving one of the traffic bgl files temporarily to the desktop so that it isn't used and see what difference it makes.
Thank you dhasdell.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2016 at 4:41pm
Looking at my T360 file structure, I have an AI BGL called "ai-traffic.bgl" in \Scenery\World\Scenery and am pretty sure that this is the supplied/default AI file that comes with T360.

[I am looking at my FSXA-style installation.]
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic