This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Autopilot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac199528 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Autopilot
    Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 4:09pm
I have followed the manual to the line, but when it comes to using the autopilot, it simply doesn't work. It is unable to hold a pitch, hold a vertical speed, fly heading. I have tried everything to make it work, even re-installed the DC-8 but nothing :/
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 5:03pm
Have you installed the service pack which also has instructions for the amended autopilot.
Must Fly!
jmac199528 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac199528 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2014 at 6:07pm
Yes I have the latest service pack installed. I have also read both the manual and also the SP2 instruction on how to use the autopilot. It just isn't working at all.
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2015 at 7:47pm
I don't have this Aircraft this DC8, BUT, I do have other Aircraft Jetliners and I found an AUTO PILOT out of one of those that I put in some of my other Jetliners and it works perfectly, holds altitude, heading, throttles, course, .

might try swapping auto pilots from another Aircraft and see if that works ??
ftwd View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 10:46am
Hi Jmac,

When you first turn the autopilot on, click into heading and use the bug on the HSI to select your heading. If it doesn't follow it, click the NAV selector off heading then back on.

To hold a Pitch/VS, put the pitch selector onto VS then click the vert speed wheel with your centre mouse button/mouse wheel. You can then select the verticle speed you want using the vs wheel. When you get to the altitude you want, set the climb to 0. Not what the manual says, but it's how the autopilot works!

Cheers, Nathan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic