This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2D Panel Construction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2D Panel Construction
    Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 2:02pm
Hello,

This related to the TriStar and 146 but may affect others I don't know about.

Why are the 2D panels constructed so bizarrely?
They seem to be made of lots of layers rather than one panel like all other models.

The reason this is an issue is that my Air Cadet Squadron bought the TriStar but when we try to resize the 2D panels to operate it in our simulator and show the window view out of out sim through a projector and the instrument panel on a screen in the cockpit,, they layering of the 2D panels make it impossible.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks,

Paul
PaulC View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2014 at 9:44am
Anybody?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2014 at 3:33pm
Hi Paul,

This was a design choice by the developer who created the 2D panels for these two aircraft. Unfortunately I can't remember the reason for doing it this way, and I'm not aware of a workaround other than editing the panel cfgs.

I am currently working on the Tristar Pro upgrade (http://www.justflight.com/product/tristar-professional-download) and as part of that will be reverting to the traditional 2D panel method.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic