This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1950's Vintage RotoDyne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1950's Vintage RotoDyne
    Posted: 14 May 2014 at 3:42pm
Hi Capt. Interesting vid of an interesting concept that never err.. took off. I'm surprised the military weren't keen on it, although it was not noted for it's stealth, too noisy.

From my media days I learnt that the audience loses interest in any video after 12 minutes so if you kept it to that length more people might watch them. I have to admit that I didn't watch it all but hey, you enjoy the editing process so why not.

Good to see such a rare bird.
Must Fly!
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:22am
I know, but I try to make all my Video's at least 30 minutes to 45 minutes long or longer,,,,

I just can't get into those video's that are 3 minutes to 5 minutes long,,,

that and I got nothing but time to waste,, each video is another learning experience and challenge.   

some turn out good, other's ???

the sounds on these RotorDynes are probably different than the real one, for I swapped sounds from another aircraft.

its different to fly, takes a while to get the hang of it and the hover capabilities,,

the VC is a mess tho, it sucks pretty much, needs a major VC Overhaul with working gauges that work.

maybe JUST FLIGHT should make this model in the future or contract it out to be made, just an idea ????

GEOFFERS View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GEOFFERS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2014 at 10:02am
a bit of a long video. it was a pity about the noise it made. I have a photo of a Dash 8 with a large helicopter parked near it. and it did look like RotoDyne mark 2''From two miles away it would stop a conversation. I mean, the noise of those little jets on the tips of the rotor was just indescribable. So what have we got? The noisiest hovering vehicle the world has yet come up with and you're going to stick it in the middle of a city?'' John Farley, chief test pilot later commented:
It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. You start with a large fortune.

CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2014 at 3:53pm
n/a
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic