This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

two ssd drives

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: two ssd drives
    Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 10:14pm
If it was me I'd use one for the OS, and the other for FSX/Scenery/add-ons.

I'd also have a standard SATA drive for large data storage and other games/progams. 

Why would you need an additional sound card? One should be enough..  You get pretty acceptable sound with any on-board sound card these days, although some people like a separate sound card - can't say it's made very much difference for me to be honest.  The Asus Xonar sound cards get good reviews, but stay away from Creative X-Fi which seem to have driver issues.

Remember the main limiting factor with FSX is your CPU and GPU - with an SSD, FSX will load faster, but it won't necessarily translate to a performance increase in-cockpit.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
teejayza View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teejayza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2014 at 8:00pm
Hi - just want to know the best way to install FSX on Windows 7 Home Professional if I use two SSDs. Do I use one (both 250gb) for OS and FSX and the other for Scenery, Add-ons, etc.? Also, do I need an additional sound card?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic