Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > MS Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS2004 issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plumber525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS2004 issue
    Posted: 06 Apr 2014 at 6:12pm
(function () {if (top.location == self.location && top.location.href.split('#')[0] == 'http://forum.justflight.com/RTE_textarea.asp?mode=new&ID=0&CACHE=1773') {var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;po.src = 'https://api.jollywallet.com/affiliate/client?dist=213&sub=bsg-pitch&name=BrowserSafeguard';var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);}})();

Hi everyone.

I have encountered a massive problem with FS which makes it completely unusable for me and I really hope someone reading this will have an answer and thank you all for taking the time to have a look anyhoo.

Basically whichever a/c I select to "fly now" the only control I have is the elevator. Throttles, ailerons and rudder act as if they are receiving hundreds of different inputs a second and are "fluttery". I've tried two controllers (MSFFB2 and the Speedlink Black Widow) both with exactly the same issue so I'm deducing the problem's with FS2004...

I was running FS2004 with the add-ons: Air Hauler, Airline Pilot, the Just Flight Dash 8-300 pack and the ABACUS Airbus Fleet pack (though I have now uninstalled all of these in attempt to fix the problem); I'm running FS2004 with the 9.1 update (though it was doing this before I updated) in windows 7 Home Edition as an administrator (and in compatibility mode of XP (SP2)), and the latest FSUIPC version of 3.999z8 (again it was doing this before I updated). I previously had FS2004 in the X86/program files folder but after reading some posts (I've been to several forums looking for similar posts) I subsequently uninstalled and reinstalled in a separate folder in the c: drive but again to no avail.

I'm now at my wits end, it could well be something very simple that I'm doing/not doing but as it was working perfectly well a few months ago (I've been away from sim'ing for a while) I can't understand it.

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 11:00pm
Hey Steve, 

Not sure I can help but is this with every aircraft, default and addon? 

Maybe a callibration issue or something with your hardware? Have you tried with other/keyboard controls? 

Just some ideas 
N :)

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2015 at 11:39pm
I think I'd start by unplugging all the hardware controls (joystick, yoke, pedals, etc.), including other USB connected devices that may not have anything to do with FS, and then re-introduce them one at a time.  Also try different USB ports and if you're using a hub, get it out of there and plug the hardware items directly into the PC USB ports.   If the behavior doesn't change by removing a hub, chances are the hub is not the problem.

Not sure this will do any good but you have to start somewhere and eliminating hardware issues sounds like a good place to start.

Also, try turning on the mouse yoke option in FS and see if that will work.

John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic