This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PR9 SP1 and other requests for data/Info (FSX)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PR9 SP1 and other requests for data/Info (FSX)
    Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 9:10pm
I notice in the notes for Canberra PR9 Service Pack 1, that there is an entry for "Cold and Dark bug fixed"
Can anyone tell me what this actually is/does and what used to happen before this fix was introduced?

Also, with regards to the cockpit misting effect - from what altitude should you experience this, and does airspeed/rate of descent speed have any direct effect on this occurring in the cockpit?

Can anyone confirm that the effects enable/disable options in the Canberra PR9 Configuration Tool are working & saving OK?
I can open it, deselect all the effects, click APPLY, close then reopen it and all the effects are selected ON again. The options for steering and choosing nav/ballast stick ok though after applying/closing/reopening though.

In the Pilots Notes manual, on page 164 (take-off data) it mentions "EMBS Flaps Up/Down". What does EMBS mean?

In the Frequency Editor, there are a number of abbreviations that are in the drop down lists for "Type". Trouble is, I haven't got a clue what some of them mean, nor if they actually feature in FSX!
If anyone can fill in the gaps or correct me if I'm wrong on the ones I *think* I know (or rather guessing at), I'd be grateful!:

LOC = localiser
ILS = ILS!
TWR = tower
GND = ground
ATS = ATIS?
ATF =
APP = approach
ARR = arrival
AWS =
CLR = clearance
CTF =
DEP = departure
FSS =
RFS =
UNI = UNICOM?

Any info you can provide on the above gratefully received!
Cheers!

Rob
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 10:54pm
EMBS is Emergency Maximum Braking Speed.

The misting effect occurs after prolonged (30mins+) flight at altitude (not sure how high it was set) when you descend without pulling the demist lever. The Pilots Notes require you to operate the demist 10 mins before commencing descent.
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2014 at 11:19pm
Thanks for the info there Paul!

Cheers!
Rob
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 11:25am
For the other problem, ensure you have administrator privileges in the computer you use to open the the Configuration Tool, or right click and `open as administrator`. 

That will ensure changes are saved - the configuration tool is applying changes within FSX and the aircraft, but is still a separate .exe that needs it's own permissions.

Hope this helps.
MadRobbie1 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by snave snave wrote:

For the other problem, ensure you have administrator privileges in the computer you use to open the the Configuration Tool, or right click and `open as administrator`. 

That will ensure changes are saved - the configuration tool is applying changes within FSX and the aircraft, but is still a separate .exe that needs it's own permissions.

Hope this helps.

Nice one Snave Thumbs Up  thanks very much for the info there! Will try when back home from work and let you know the results.

Cheers!
Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic