This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scenic Library Placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetsmell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scenic Library Placement
    Posted: 01 Apr 2014 at 12:23pm
My question is where in the scenic library is Traffic 360 placed. I have ORBX Global / Vector FTS PNW, ORBX Airports ( payware and freeware ) , other payware airports , Mega Earth. Do I place it all the way near the bottom below Default Scenery?
DreamFlight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreamFlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 3:12am
Mine is at the very top of the listing and seems to work fine.  I have MEGA and ORBIX installed as well. My top down order is Traffic 360, then MEGA, then ORBIX.
Jerry11 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by DreamFlight DreamFlight wrote:

Mine is at the very top of the listing and seems to work fine.  I have MEGA and ORBIX installed as well. My top down order is Traffic 360, then MEGA, then ORBIX.

Hi all,

7 months later ...

The Airport Facilities folder contains over 1,300 AFCADS of airports dating back to 2006. Putting that folder 1st (highest priority) would replace any airport of the same name. That means any airports in the Orbx, Addon Scenery, or any other scenery directory would never even show.

Example: KORD AFCAD in Traffic360 is dated 2008. Rwy 9R/27L is shown not 10L/28R . 10C/28C are not there.

I can't think of a reason the Airport Facilities folder was even included in the installation since most of the AFCADS are outdated and/or duplicated elsewhere.
Jerry
freaknout View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freaknout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 6:29pm
Hi Jerry

I think it's because there were improvements to the standard airports, it's mentioned in the manual I think (been some time since I read it!). I disabled Airport Facilities in my SL because it didn't play friendly with Orbx England's EGLL at the time.

Jay
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic