This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing buttons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vincent00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing buttons
    Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 1:41pm
Hey, guys, I wonder if you have come across this kinda problem: the lower part of my Traffic 360 is missing. I have tried to re-install it but it did not help. I have checked my display setting, it is just as default. Any comment is appreciated, thank you.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2014 at 11:05pm
This will most likely be due to your DPI settings in Windows.

For Windows 7, go to the Control Panel, then Display, and then click on the "Set custom text size (DPI)" option on the left options bar. Make sure the "Scale to this percentage of normal size" is set to 100%.

Setting it to 100%, and then closing/restarting Traffic 360 should hopefully correct your issue.

In my Windows 7, I also have a check (tick) on the DPI screen in the option which says "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling"; although I am not sure this will be related to the issue here.

The DPI settings are commonly "tweaked" by laptop manufacturers, and sometimes PC manufacturers such as Dell and HP, who tend to set the value above 100%.

Now, if the DPI value is indeed above 100% but you happen to want to leave the value as it is because you like the way your desktop looks and feels with this setting, then you can also change a Properties setting for Traffic 360 so that it will ignore the DPI setting and will still work. To do this, right-click on the Traffic 360 EXE, go to Properties, in to the Compatibility tab (at the top), and then put a check (tick) in the box that says "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". This will tell the program EXE to ignore the DPI settings that Windows is set to.

==========================================

As an aside ... programs that do this (don't "draw" correctly on the screen when things such as DPI settings and other display options in Windows are modified) have not been programmed correctly. Programs these days should be able to handle basic Windows settings changes such as DPI. There are options when writing the code which allow developers to correctly handle this kind of thing. To not do so is, in my opinion, bad programming. But, I digress.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic