This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED ON THE DC-8 -WISH LIS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED ON THE DC-8 -WISH LIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED ON THE DC-8 -WISH LIS
    Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 9:05am
1. Aircraft ground handling is too sensitive on the mains and unstable, ground contact points need adjusting or reviewing as aircraft behaves like a C172 in turns not a 260,000 lb wide undercarriage jet.

2. THERE IS NOT OAT (Outside Air Temperature Guage) and hence no way of no knowing about engine performance or icing, every aeroplane has one.

3. The Autopilot will not work using the mouse.

4. The attendant call buttons do not work properly and stairs cannot be called. The chocks and flags sometimes do not release or disappear from view when deselected.

5. The altimeter dial face and sub-scales are very hard to read unless zoomed in close.

6. There are no window views for wings and engine and you cannot cycle views to get the navigator station or instruments.

7. Third party radars do not appear properly on the center pedestal.

8. Fuel system integrity and controls are still not as per the DC-8 configuration.

Feel free to add your wishes to have fixed.

Mike Hart View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Hart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 9:15am
Oh yes an one other thing - the RMI needles are completely the wrong way down and hence the indications are the reverse of what an arrow head and tail should be.
sevenflyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sevenflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 12:20pm
Fix the "Altitude Reminder" gauge by getting rid of the "10" units. Hundreds and thousands are all that is necessary.
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014 at 9:56pm
The primary attitude indicator index arrow rotates in the wrong direction in turns. In a right turn, the arrow pointer should rotate left along the bank index scale, etc
pilotcop View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotcop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:05pm
The altimeter skips FL210 and FL220. The FD selector rotary switch on the copilot side is mislabeled. Look at the tool tips as you mouse over it... way off. There are also five positions to it but only four are labled.
Ritty View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 11:48am
Wow was finally considering on buying this lady, but after reading all these posts I change my mind. Seems like a common trend at the moment with aircraft having so many bugs.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 3:16pm

Hi,

An OAT gauge is being fitted to the DC-8 50-70 pack at the moment, and once that is done we will look at retrofitting it onto the earlier pack. I think this original posting was initially made prior to the service pack being issued, so not all of the bugs still apply. 

Any remaining issues are minor rather than show stoppers and shouldn't affect your enjoyment of the DC-8 in the meantime. In fact, PC Pilot gave it a Classic Product award in their June issue. 

pilotcop View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilotcop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 3:50pm
Many of these issues still exist. While not a single issue may be a "show stopper" all the the issues combined may be. Also..was it mentioned that fuel can not be loaded in the center tanks? Even with all the fuel tanks set to 100% the center tanks are empty yet you need to turn on the center tanks to start the engines. And a lack of fuel management guidance in the manual is frustrating. I have had more than one flight cut short because #1/#2 engines cut out even with fuel in the tanks and fuel pumps on.

No instructions on the flight director either. The lateral guidance seems to work but vertical guidance is non existant unless you are on an ILS.

It needs work.
johnor999 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnor999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2014 at 5:07pm
Hello!

What items are considered to be non show stoppers?

The autopilot and F/D issues directly interferes with normal operations of the aircraft.

Also I've noticed that the generator switches aren't moving when I click on them which is a bit annoying.

Why do you have separate NAV1 & NAV2 radios when there's no navigation instrument coupled to the NAV2 radio?
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 4:24pm
What I would like to find out is WHY frame rates drop considerably when making a turn while taxiing and turning while in the air. I corresponded (emails) with support on this but never could get another response from JF about it. It took weeks just to get 3 responses from JF. This is why I haven't used this aircraft in quite some time.

It would be NICE if you folks at JF would try to respond to the issue I have posted as well as others who have the same issue Unhappy
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Joeflyer Joeflyer wrote:

What I would like to find out is WHY frame rates drop considerably when making a turn while taxiing and turning while in the air. I corresponded (emails) with support on this but never could get another response from JF about it. It took weeks just to get 3 responses from JF. This is why I haven't used this aircraft in quite some time.

It would be NICE if you folks at JF would try to respond to the issue I have posted as well as others who have the same issue Unhappy

Maybe we do not have the answers? If we do know the answers to questions then we will reply, however there are weird and wonderful things in FSX that we do not have the answer to. Please, if you really are that unhappy with our products and service then contact customer support who will issue you a refund and we can move on.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Maybe we do not have the answers? If we do know the answers to questions then we will reply, however there are weird and wonderful things in FSX that we do not have the answer to. Please, if you really are that unhappy with our products and service then contact customer support who will issue you a refund and we can move on.

I have gotten more information out of your statement than I have from Support, which is zilch. Why couldn't Support have at least made the first statement you made instead of not responding at all to my question in the support tickets I opened? See, that IS the problem I am having with JF. Virtually ignoring the support tickets over the past couple of months. If JF had no answer, the least support could have done is stated so and I would have moved on. The last support ticket I opened recently does question how I can obtain a refund. Certainly I will be more than happy to not visit this place again.
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 5:48pm

Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

I have gotten more information out of your statement than I have from Support, which is zilch. Why couldn't Support have at least made the first statement you made instead of not responding at all to my question in the support tickets I opened? See, that IS the problem I am having with JF. Virtually ignoring the support tickets over the past couple of months. If JF had no answer, the least support could have done is stated so and I would have moved on. The last support ticket I opened recently does question how I can obtain a refund. Certainly I will be more than happy to not visit this place again.

It may be the case that perhaps support have an issue in saying that cannot solve your/anybody's issue, I don't know but its something I will take up with them, because if an issue cannot be answered then we should say that instead of not replying as that sorts nothing. As regards your request for a refund please email me your details direct and I will look into the situation: alex@justflight.com   
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 6:46pm
Scotty, email sent with receipt from JF. I assume you are monitoring Alex's email? I got a return message indicating he is out until tomorrow.
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:13pm
Alex is Scotty. Scotty is the forum handle. Alex will be back from holiday tomorrow.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Alex is Scotty. Scotty is the forum handle. Alex will be back from holiday tomorrow.

Have I ever been away? Wink
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:30pm

Scotty, email sent with receipt from JF. I assume you are monitoring Alex's email? I got a return message indicating he is out until tomorrow.

Yes received it thanks. I will reply. As Richard says, I am 'Scotty'.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2014 at 7:35pm
Handshake Nice to meet you, Scotty....errr, Alex Tongue
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 6:54pm
At night, the Mac Meter (at least in the -63 so far) shows up with a fixed compass ring scale rather than the Mach scale; the needle works, but the scale is useless - the drum in the ASI does show up, though.
alexcolka View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexcolka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 7:23pm
The mach indicator gauge in the series 70 won't work for me, the needle is frozen, anybody else?
Thanks,
Alex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic