This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED ON THE DC-8 -WISH LIS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED ON THE DC-8 -WISH LIS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jettrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 10:22am
I already mentioned a few things to the support, so here's my personal wish list:

- A working Fuel Panel (currently the center wing tank feeds fuel, even though the lever is in the OFF position; the fuel logic isn't working as per real DC-8 manual, contradictory to the advertisement)

- Air Condition System just a dummy 

- More realistic pneumatic system - engines can be started with just the battery on / no external bleed air required

- working autopilot with speed hold & mach hold functions

- trim buzz is much to frequent, it should only activate with large stabilizer movements - depending on the aircrafts current speed

- fixing of the ASI: the speedbugs (and corresponding speed values displayed in the tool tip) do not correlate to the airspeeds - the scaling is way off

- EPR / N1 bugs!

- update on the night lighting (some gauges are terrible misplaced with night lighting on)

- altitude alert that can be dialed in only '100 or '1000 ft increments. Also the altitude alert only works when approaching a higher altitude, no chime can be heared when approaching selected altitude from above

- Correctly working flight director - on the -60 series cockpit the F/D trim is unusable and doesn't have an influence on the FD bar

- PFD of the -70 series displays wrong pitch and is therefore unusable

- genral much finer textures for the indicating gauges (ASI, Mach Meter, Engine instruments, etc.)

moters View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2014 at 6:08am
working autopilot with speed hold & mach hold functions
Way better night lighting hard to read at night.
boeing1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 8:08am
There are a lot of bugs reported in this airplane, yet there seems to be little or no action/feedback from JF.

As it stands now I find the 50-70 series virtually unusable, disappointing as the earlier series, despite one or two issues was quite enjoyable.

Just some feed back from Just Flight as their intentions re rectifying all these issues.

A question to JF support 2 weeks ago is still unanswered, beginning to think this par for the course for JF Support.

Just some answers to the issues raised on this forum would be good.

Cheers (Sorry to be a grouch!)
Kevin Kyle
ARMIDALE
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 8:18am
Needless to say we are watching and listening everything that people say and will be acting on them wherever possible at an appropriate time.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
boeing1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 8:28am
That is not an answer
Kevin Kyle
ARMIDALE
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2014 at 8:32am
Well sorry but it's the only one I am giving at 08:30 on a Sunday morning. You wrote: "Just some feedback from just flight as to their intentions re rectifying all these issues" you said. My reply is extremely clear.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:03am
There isn't much to add to Scotty's reply. There is a service pack in the works and will be released when ready. Until that time there isn't much to say.
boeing1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:34am
Great, If Scotty had said that last week that would have been enough.

Arrogance will cost you you customers.  The DC8 50-70's is so full of bugs it should never have been released.  You have a lot of unhappy people out there over this.

1 happy customer is a goldmine and will grow your business, 1 unhappy one will spread like a cancerand multiply 10 fold.  Simple business practice.

I await your service pack so we can put this behind us then continue to enjoy the many fine products you have released to day.Tongue 
Kevin Kyle
ARMIDALE
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:36am
I clearly said that last week.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
boeing1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:41am
Look at your reply...YOU DID NOT
Kevin Kyle
ARMIDALE
boeing1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boeing1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 9:44am
You seem to have lost sight of the fact that
  1. I am the customer
  2. Your product is faulty
  3. You don't seem to think that I have the right to some respect and response from you.
Kevin Kyle
ARMIDALE
Pockrtplanesairways View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pockrtplanesairways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2014 at 10:32pm
I'd like it for the gauge textures not to be textures of the aircraft because after load a ton of HQ textures after a while, and the gauges black out. The lower quality textures should be closer to 512 X 512.
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 2:57pm

Hello Scotty. This project dc-8 needs a total revision and supervision. I believe JustFlight should make a full or service pack for all dc-8 upgrade. There is a policy directed to this model this issue or is it better I ask for Refund?
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 3:04pm
Maybe your DC-8 staff needs to read this manual to concerns!!!

http://www.wdars.com/customer600/fom/1.pdf
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Michel Michel wrote:

Maybe your DC-8 staff needs to read this manual to concerns!!!

http://www.wdars.com/customer600/fom/1.pdf

We are working on a service pack, however if you are unable to wait for that then please ask for a refund. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 3:18pm
They can try to read it too!!!

http://dc426.4shared.com/doc/C3lRWk86/preview.html
Michel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2014 at 3:24pm
Thank you Scotty. I believe you can do it!
bombacimulayim View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bombacimulayim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 1:25am
Service pack ?
BrianG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:42am
[QUOTE=Joeflyer]What I would like to find out is WHY frame rates drop considerably when making a turn while taxiing and turning while in the air.

This is exactly the reason I got a refund 2 days after I bought it. This was a week after release date and it looks like the above issue never was resolved. That and all the "little" things really added up to make this add on a major disappointment for me. Probably never should have been released in the first place.
Brian Green
Joeflyer View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joeflyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:26pm
Brian, the culprit is the HSI gauge. It took some days of testing but that's what it came down to. From what I understand a patch is in the making to replace the HSI and maybe update a few other things on the 10 to 40 series. Also, I have to disable the smoke system on the aircraft, as it drags down the frame rates considerably. I have no idea why....my set up is in the high end range.
Joeflyer
C208 Cargo Driver
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic