This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 and P3D V2.1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 and P3D V2.1
    Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 7:42pm
Is Traffic 360, which I liked very much in P3D 1.4, being updated to work with P3D V 2.1 and if so what is the approximate release date?
stevefocus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by pipeorgan pipeorgan wrote:

Is Traffic 360, which I liked very much in P3D 1.4, being updated to work with P3D V 2.1 and if so what is the approximate release date?

I would like to know this also.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 6:21pm
I don't think we have tested this yet. Have you found a problem with it running under 2.1?
david1964 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 8:02pm
Ive tried Traffic360 with Prepar3dv2 and v2.1 and have problems. The main issue is that the planes are at the gate or ramp but they never taxi, take off and land. They just sit their and do nothing.Cry
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by david1964 david1964 wrote:

Ive tried Traffic360 with Prepar3dv2 and v2.1 and have problems. The main issue is that the planes are at the gate or ramp but they never taxi, take off and land. They just sit their and do nothing.Cry

Thanks for the information, I hope that something can be done by the developer to make it fully compatible.

Cheers
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

I don't think we have tested this yet. Have you found a problem with it running under 2.1?

Thank you but this is not the answer that I was hoping for
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 10:56pm
I just got it and I don't have any problems running it the only issue I get is when looking at aircraft sometimes they look black don't know if it's an issue with p3d or traffic 360.
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 10:42am
Hi Stevefocus.
Some of my A1 aircraft appear to be black.I think these are meant to be that colour.
Jim.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 10:46am
Sorry I meant that they flash pure black it's like their paint jobs don't load properly for a couple of seconds.
david1964 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 7:26pm
Its strange that you have traffic moving around while I only have traffic parked. Did you do anything out of the norm to produce moving traffic?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2014 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by david1964 david1964 wrote:

Its strange that you have traffic moving around while I only have traffic parked. Did you do anything out of the norm to produce moving traffic?

Followed this.
Please navigate to the following location C:\Users\[YOUR
USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 and open up the file
'Prepar3D.cfg'

Now, look for the section that reads 'SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes'
etc and look for 'SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\JFTraffic360', is it there? If
not, please add it into the .cfg file making sure to have the number I have
highlighted in RED (9) corresponding to the above.

Now hope that helped.
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 10:12am
Hi Steve and David.I only Have FSX plus acceleration pack and I did a straight download install with Traffic 360.
Regards Jim.
Psybear View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2014 at 8:23pm

Me neither. Here's hoping you guys don't abandon development/compatibility.

Cheers,
Clayton
Win7 x64-128GB 840Pro/Prepar3d V2.2-256GB 840Pro/Storage-1TB Caviar Bk
Z87 MPower Max/i7-4770K@4.3GHz-NH-U14S/8GB TridentX @2400MHz 9-11-11-31-1T
GTX770 Lightning331.58|26W 1920x1200|Phantom410-AX860i
pmb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Psybear Psybear wrote:

Me neither. Here's hoping you guys don't abandon development/compatibility.

Cheers,
Clayton

Add me, too.

Given there are no officially working Prepar3d2 traffic programs so far, this would give Traffic 360 a considerable competitive +  sales advantage, I think.

Kind regards, Michael
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 7:28am
It does work and has been for a few months now I really don't know what you guys are on about.
pmb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:14am
Originally posted by stevefocus stevefocus wrote:

It does work and has been for a few months now I really don't know what you guys are on about.

Sorry, does it really work including all functions? Does it come with a Prepar3d2 installer? Has it thoroughly been tested by Just Flight?

If all of these are "yes", I will install it and keep quiet forever.

After having screwed up two installations of Prepar3d2.0 and Prepar3d2.1, resp., supposedly because of migrated software, I got a bit touchy about addons being claimed as sort of compatible.

Kind regards, Michael
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 8:49am
It does work all features for me, I installed it quite a while back so I can't remember if it comes with an installer I think I just pointed it to my prepar3d folder as has it been tested by just flight I don't know all I know is I have never had any problems with it. The only thing I found was you had to add the simobjects entry to the cfg but I had to do that for fsx so it made no difference to me.
Psybear View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psybear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:42pm
Good to know it appears to be working. However, the question is why it has not even been tested by the developer. If it works as intended in P3D2.2 (per the developer) then why not say so?
Because things have changed in P3D 2.2, some of which may or or indeed may not affect the function of 360 it is not unreasonable for a potentially new licensee to encourage the developer towards an official statement.
And it's not as simple as just having an installer. Also, migration tools and various hacks are know to cause problems that while not initially apparent may fester over time.

Cheers,
Clayton
Win7 x64-128GB 840Pro/Prepar3d V2.2-256GB 840Pro/Storage-1TB Caviar Bk
Z87 MPower Max/i7-4770K@4.3GHz-NH-U14S/8GB TridentX @2400MHz 9-11-11-31-1T
GTX770 Lightning331.58|26W 1920x1200|Phantom410-AX860i
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevefocus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 5:48pm
Fair enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic