This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

747 200, 300 ins alignment solved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 747 200, 300 ins alignment solved
    Posted: 01 Mar 2014 at 1:35pm
I hope. Had this plane for ages, and was reading about a freeware INS, and well related it to issue in hand and I think I have discovered the alingnment not going below 6 problem solution. Its actually quiet simple.
Turn all INS units to stby.
on each  INS sel Pos
click on "Insert" it wont light.
now depending on hemisphere click N or S. left digits should go to 0, Insert button should light.
enter position, (shft Z in FSX will Show correct pos)
hit INSERt again then E or W digits on right shoudl go to 0,
enter number. Last num is rounded up or down. 05 is up, 04 is down.
press insert light should go out.
Now most important, only has to be done on one unit.
You must have at least one waypoint, dont have it to close 50ks or so would be nearest.
Select one INS to Way PT
Click teh dial above it from 0 to 1.
following previous procedure, select Insert and insert first waypoint. this will show up on the other 2. when entered press insert light should go out, now select all 3 INS to DSRTK STS, and on panel select all to align, they should all go to 5, when they do select NAV.
If for some reason one doesnt align just turn that unit off and go through the procedure for that unit itself. Did it tonigh. midnight here, first time i have all 3 units aligned.

Important must have first waypoint, thats teh clincher.

I assume this would work for quick align as long as you have one waypoint inserted.
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:12am
Ok some more testing. This seems to work the most reliably. DONT MOVE PLANE ONCE UNTILL ALL UNITS ARE SET TO NAV, even starting an engine will move the plane slightly.

For Quick INS alignment.

Set park brake.

Battery on

Avionics on.

Start engine one.

Turn on alt one.

You need this. The INS is not connected to the battery or avionics bus. It has its own battery and will start even if  the plane battery is off, but it wont align. If battery light is yellow its on its own battery, it will flash briefy as it counts down as part of the test, if its on the Engine Gen.

On upper panel switch all 3 INS units to NAV directly.

On each INS select POS and enter in position, You must do this even if it is already loaded or it will hang at 65
Than on one of the units Select way Pt and enter in first way point. This too must be done or it will hang at 65. Only needs to be done on one unit, it will show on other 2.

If you switch any unit off you must restart  the procedure on that unit.

Switch each unit to DSRTK to monitor count down.

Switch each unit to Align,

It will count down fairly quick. Once each unit reaches 55 select it to NAV.

Normal alignment is much the same.

Switch each unit to Stby. enter in pos and first waypt as before. than switch to align. Takes abt 15 min. Again one engine must be running and on gen.

Please someone confrim this works on others.
Haswell 4770K @ 4.2(so far) Gigabtye GAZ87XUD3H 8 Gig Cas 9 DDR3 16000 MHz Ram, NVIDIA GTX 680 2Gig Video, Win 7 64 bit.
mjrhealth View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjrhealth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 9:35am
I was partially wrong. Quick align can be done on INS battery. As long.

One way point has being loaded, pos 1 on waypt dial. Only has to be done on one unit. It will show on other 2.
each INS unit must have current position entered, even it when
 it loads with current position.

As an experiment. I only followed this with first ins. It counted to 55 no probes the other 2 stopped at 65. Leavin them in align position, i entered on each the current position, they both continued to count to 55 and down.

Hope it helps someone.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic