This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone else see this?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone else see this?
    Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 8:38pm
Hi Team

Does anyone else see the ground power units sunk like this..

Wherever I am in the UK (GenXv3) and I deploy the GPU's, they appear slightly sunken like this.

In addition.. the aircraft was to all intents dead.. engines off/fuel taps off e t c yet when I pan around to the rear of the aircraft, I hear the engines running

ATB
DaveB
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 10:17pm
What you hear, is the GPU. Lamp 
And they really should be stood on hard-standing.Big smile
DaveB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DaveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2014 at 11:37pm
Yes.. that has been suggested but I've tried to replicate it and it didn't happen

Do you see the GPU's sunken like that?? I know of a-n-other user that does.

EDIT: DaveG over at CBFS has found a solution to this untidy problem. The 3 objects concerned (I include the sign too) have, for some reason been made as objects in their own right and as such, they have their own sim.cfg files. If you go to SimObjects\GroundVehicles\JF_Canberra_GPU and JF_Canberra_BCU folders.. open up the respective sim.cfgs and change the static_cg_height to 6.2 for both models. The JF_Canberra_Sign can be as well.

ATB
DaveB
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 7:50am
Thanks Dave (and Dave Garwood of course), I also had the sunken GPUs and changing the static_cg_height fixed it.

I don't have the engine sound hanging issue but FSX is notorious for hanging sounds, sometimes it helps to tap the sound key (Q) twice.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:18pm
It is something we are aware of and will fix in the future!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic