This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal Errors and other issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal Errors and other issues
    Posted: 24 Feb 2014 at 9:46pm
I'm still getting an occasional Fatal Error with the Canberra, and am trying to determine if there is a trend.

If I exit my flight and FSX too soon, it generates the Fatal Error.  After FSX restarts and I attempt to reload the Canberra, I get the Fatal Error.

In order to clear the issue, I can load another aircraft - then select the Canberra without a problem.

--WH
merlin851526 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin851526 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 9:38pm
Almost exactly the same problem. Veering to the right gently and autopilot losing altitude irrespective of any inputs from throttle.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:00pm
Did some more research.

My Windows Error reporting showed a conflict with module g2d.dll.

When I attempted to load the Canberra again to repeat my flight, I encountered the Fatal Error again and couldn't get it to load.  I finally loaded another aircraft and switched over and was able to restart my flight to Spokane.

I took off and steered a heading of 62 degrees, and attained an altitude of 22,000 feet.  I thought I had the autopilot figured out, but guess not.  About a 3rd of the way into the flight, the aircraft began a gentle turn to the right - way off course.  And I couldn't hold altitude.  All the proper switches indicated ON or ENGAGED, but still I had to turn the autopilot off and fly manually.

--WH
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 6:14pm
I already sent an e-mail to support regarding the FSX Fatal Error I get whenever I attempt to load a saved flight for the Canberra.

I just encountered another Fatal Error under different circumstances.

I was on a flight to Fairchild AFB outside Spokane and attempted to set my ADF to the Spokane NDB and discovered that the ADF is limited to 360.0.  The Spokane NDB I use is at 388.0.  So this is a request to increase the limit of the ADF.

While in flight I accessed the map to verify the Spokane NDB, which I did.  However, after cancelling (closing the map) I got another Fatal Error which ended my flight and restarted FSX.

I suspect that there might be a conflict going on between the Canberra GPS and FSX navigation tools since I continue to get a Fatal Error whenever I attempt to access or use the FSX navigation tools.

My sim is FSX under Windows 8.0.  No other error messages are being generated.

--WH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic