This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fix for Aircraft not displaying after sp updates
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fix for Aircraft not displaying after sp updates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fix for Aircraft not displaying after sp updates
    Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 7:17am
Ok, after a bit of playing around I have found what the problem is with aircraft not displaying in the std res settings. If you go to your \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-32\model.32_std folder (note its the model.32_std folder not the model.32) and open the model.cfg you will see the line that says;

normal=..\..\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\model.21_std\JF_DC8-21_exterior

What you need to do is add the word loresB like this;

normal=..\..\JF_Douglas_DC8-21\model.21_std\JF_DC8-21_loresB_exterior

Save the config.

Now make the same change for the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Douglas_DC8-12\model.12_std

Again, save the config, run the performance config tool again selecting the performance mode and all should work.

Cheers, Nathan
henningv View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 9:35am
no ,the same problems sorry,i cant see any aircraft.after select aircraft the game crash with fatal error
ftwd View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 2:07pm
If FSX is crashing, it sounds like an install problem, you may have to install the DC-8 again? Maybe it was a corrupted download requiring you to download again? You may want to put in a technical support ticket to Just Flight and see what they say. The only thing I got before I made the changes above was a message saying FSX could not display the aircraft. It would then run fine, just without an exterior model and VC.

Hope you find an answer to your problem,

Nathan.
ftwd View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ftwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 8:56am
#Bump#

For people having display problems

Cheers,

Nathan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic