This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Poor VC - and the offer of a solution

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Poor VC - and the offer of a solution
    Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 1:32am
What I find strange, is that despite all these hi-res textures for things that most users will only look briefly at, upon loading the DC-8 we're faced with what can only be described as a pretty nasty looking VC.

Not wishing to offend here, and yes, there's lots of lovely detail in the VC and that CB panel is impressive for sure, but, most of the time the view is going to be looking forward.....and that is just not in keeping with the rest of the high quality textures on this aircraft.

Am I the only one who see's this?

The coaming and pillars can and should look more like this.....

I'd love to do this, but to do so will need AH to be willing to provide a few templates and a bit of enthusiasm for a mod or 2 in the VC itself.

yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:32am
Hello FOlks,

Well said Paul , i agree too, pls J.F and A.H would you considering Question
This DC-8 deserve a much better VC as well as for the lighting system too Wink
Beer

Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 8:41pm
Totally agree Paul, but then I have agreed with you before. That view and detail looks great. If you have those skills, let's hope they can be facilitated.

Best practical view I can get, still seeing something ahead outside, is only by looking down on the panel from a very high seat position, as shown in my dusk screenies in your other VC post under "Modified VC views". Perhaps I need the courage to experiment with camera positions/angles, but with an aircraft of such good quality in other aspects one would expect the main driving position to be good.

... and I really would like some better background lighting for the panel before darkness. Other aircraft seem to manage it very nicely.

Rgds,
Dave H
mattmartin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattmartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 4:56pm
I remember that photoshoot! Wink
Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic