This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P3D 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rafgath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D 2.0
    Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 8:33pm
Hi

As I switched from FSX to P3D v2 so I'm wondering if you are going to prepare a version for P3D v2?
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 3:17pm
As this product is not officially compatible with P3D v2.0 or V2.1 etc, we cannot support it but please feel free to use the work-around below at your own discretion.

We currently do not have a full on fix for this but if you know what you are doing with computers, you could try this. Our installer cannot see the P3D v2 .cfg file most likely because they have moved it but please try the below and see how you get on.

Please navigate to the following location C:\Users\[YOUR

USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 and open up the file
'Prepar3D.cfg'

Now, look for the section that reads 'SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes'
etc and look for 'SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\JFTraffic360', is it there? If
not, please add it into the .cfg file making sure to have the number I have
highlighted in RED (9) corresponding to the above.

Now load up P3D, do you see any traffic?

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2013 at 9:10pm
Too early to say yet.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 3:56am
The website states 360 works with P3D. It does not specify a certain version.

So Rich, traffic360 as it is now will not work with P3D 2.0? Please advise here other than me sending a support request because I am not seeking support.
pipeorgan View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pipeorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 3:09pm
+1
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2013 at 3:15pm
Hi,
We do not know is the honest answer. We haven't had time to test it in the new version. That is something that we will be getting around to ASAP.
In the meantime, if you already have Traffic 360 then feel free to give it a try by changing the installer path to find V2. We would be interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks
Rich
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi,
We do not know is the honest answer. We haven't had time to test it in the new version. That is something that we will be getting around to ASAP.
In the meantime, if you already have Traffic 360 then feel free to give it a try by changing the installer path to find V2. We would be interested to hear how you get on.

Thanks
Rich

Thanks Rich but I don't think I'd be able to install it since I initially purchased Traffic X and then purchased the Traffic 360 Update.
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 5:39am
I'm interested in this also, if you can provide a list of files that get installed and any FSX base files that are modified/update -- I'd be happy to test this for P3Dv2.

Rob
DocBird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 9:49pm
I tried to install it just out of the box but to no avial.

No aircraft and no vehicles on any airports.Yes: AI-traffic is at 100% in P3D2.

Do I have to switch off any Default bgl-files?
Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013 at 2:49pm
Traffic 360 works well with P3DV2 if using the estonia migration tool. Clap

Blackrat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Cornflex Cornflex wrote:

Traffic 360 works well with P3DV2 if using the estonia migration tool. Clap

No it doesn't.

I've tried several times with and without EMT left switched on.

No aircraft, no anything.
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 5:00pm
Not working for either. :(
Shazzer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shazzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:13pm
Don't have 360, but TrafficX worked on mine without issue.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2013 at 7:53pm
Hi,
I haven't used P3D yet so I can only speculate at this time, but I wouldn't have thought any migration tool would be smart enough to account for the fact that the T360 aircraft are installed into a custom location and that location is added to the FSX.cfg.
Check whether the P3D version of FSX.cfg has a Traffic360 entry in the SimPaths section. If it doesn't then either add it manually, or move all the Traffic360 aircraft from their custom folder in SimObjects to the normal Airplanes folder.
Like I say, I haven't used P3D or the migration tool so I'm just making my best guess at this point.
Cornflex View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornflex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 11:56am
I use Traffic360 myself with P3DV2 and I do not see any problems so far.
You can simply install it via the migration tool and afterwards manually add the Traffic360 entry into the Prepar3D.cfg.
You will have to set the amount of traffic you'd like to see in P3DV2 options.

DocBird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 8:29pm
I installedTraffic360 by using the default installer to the LM Folder.

The only other thing I had to do was to insert "SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\JFTraffic360" into the respective section of the Prepar3d.cfg.

And now tons of AI everywere!

Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2013 at 3:17pm
As this product is not officially compatible with P3D v2.0 or V2.1 etc, we cannot support it but please feel free to use the work-around below at your own discretion.

We currently do not have a full on fix for this but if you know what you are doing with computers, you could try this. Our installer cannot see the P3D v2 .cfg file most likely because they have moved it but please try the below and see how you get on.

Please navigate to the following location C:\Users\[YOUR

USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 and open up the file
'Prepar3D.cfg'

Now, look for the section that reads 'SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes'

Now load up P3D, do you see any traffic?

DocBird View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DocBird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by GeorgeB GeorgeB wrote:

<font size="2" face="Arial" style="color: rgb34, 34, 34;">Please navigate to the following location C:\Users\[YOUR<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0.8em; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0; line-height: 19px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"><font size="2" face="Arial">USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2 and open up the file
'Prepar3D.cfg'

<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0.8em; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0;">[COLOR=#222222" face="Arial" size="2]<span style="line-height: 19px;]</span>[/COLOR]

<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0.8em; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0; line-height: 19px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"><font size="2" face="Arial">Now, look for the section that reads 'SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes'

<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0.8em; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0;">[COLOR=#222222" face="Arial" size="2]<span style="line-height: 19px;]</span>[/COLOR]

<p style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0.8em; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0; line-height: 19px; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"><font size="2" face="Arial">Now load up P3D, do you see any traffic?

George: That is what I did:

Frist I used the installer for "P3D" and pointed it to the P3D2 Installation.
Second I did what you just suggested and now I have the T360 AI traffic.

I have, however, planes on EVERY parking Position although I have only 30% Airliner traffic set in P3D2. Any idea why is that?

Anyway: I love the Traffic 360 planes in P3D2 with their shadows.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 9:50am
Send us an email and we can look into it for you: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
Loke View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2014 at 11:22am
The default JFT360 traffic file works in P3D2. 

If I try to compile myself, I get tons of WIF planes on ALL parkings at ENBO. I remedied this by pulling the GA (!) slider back to 10%.

So if I compile myself, I can regulate WIF and NAX with the GA slider, which is way wrong. It is impossible to find a balance between clogged parkings / realistic traffic.

So in my opinion the compiler does not work as intended in P3D. Have to go back to the JF default traffic bgl, and even with that one in use, the GA slider still regulates Commercial traffic.
CaptHowdy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptHowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2015 at 10:15pm
hello, I do fly prepar3d v2.5. you can select p3d as the installation type it will install to the folder in order to see actual traffic you must compile traffic. copy all of the aircraft from the just flight traffic folder and paste them into the aircraft folder. that's all.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic