This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uefi bios time not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uefi bios time not working
    Posted: 16 Nov 2013 at 1:16pm
My new pc build went ok, more or less, and for the past couple of weeks I've been slowly loading FSX and stuff onto it.  However, I've noticed that when I power it up from the last shutdown, the bios time and also windows time is still set at what it was when I last used the pc. I can change the time in the bios no problem and save it, but it doesn't seem to do anything, ie the seconds don't count up. I've been synchronising windows time with the internet clock setting, but anyone any ideas on how to sort the time in the bios ( Asus Z87 deluxe board).  While I'm using the pc, the windows clock works fine and keeps time after I have synced it.

Rory
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 9:47am
This can be caused by a dodgy CMOS battery. Super cheap to stick a new one in.
I got one from my nearby Maplin last time I had to change one.

Leaving your PC on for a long time might help to give it a good charge.

Not saying this is definitely the issue, but the battery, as I say, is known to cause clock issues.

kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 2:30pm
Thanks Martin.  Yes, I thought of the battery but then I also thought with it being a new board the battery should be ok.  I'll get the thing changed then and see if that sorts it out.
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 6:49pm
Well, changed the cmos battery and the problems now sorted, thankfully!

Rory
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2013 at 10:13am
Excellent. Good news Rory.

The motherboard may have been on the shelf for a while perhaps. Hence the flat battery. Or it could have been dodgy of course.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic