This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Modified VC views

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Modified VC views
    Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 1:53am
I don't know how everyone else feels about this, but I find the included VC views for things like the pedestal and fe panel to be in need of a bit of adjustment, due to both the perspective and zoom level.

So I've come up with an edit that not only modifies the views, but also re-orders them and adds a few more.  So starting with your normal pilots VC view and clicking through the views using A and shift A, I next have the pedestal, lower FE panel, upper FE panel, overhead, right seat (corrected view-not zoomed out) and jump seat.

Here's a couple of examples of the differences...................except I can't upload the images.

The full topic with images has now been posted here.

yankeeromeo View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yankeeromeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 5:26am
Hello,

pretty good views but mot enough zoomed  for me. I'm still searching the best views point and i even add some more, personally i need minimum ten VC views to be comfortableSleepy
Same thing for the external views, the more i see this Diesel 8, the more i found her very nice 3D renderedStar 
Cheers.
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 9:54am
I often Rob & take views out of other Aircraft I have and Inject them into the Aircraft I want.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2013 at 10:08am
Just so everyone knows, this has been added to the feedback form which will be sent onto the developer.
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 9:42am
That's great Paul, George.

And just how do you do that captHifly?

And while we' re on the panels, how do I get the instrument lighting on before FSX decides that it is proper dark? ... or am I missing something obvious?
Dave H
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 5:36pm
Hi Dave, I'm sure you know this but I hit the L key and all the lights come on then I switch off the ones I don't need . Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

Best, Geoff.
Must Fly!
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 6:22pm
Even when it's not dark Geoff?
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 6:53pm
Haven't tried it on the DC8 in daylight but it works when I start on an active runway at night, the cockpitis dark and I can't locate the switches.
Must Fly!
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 7:04pm
Dave was asking if he could get lights on before it got dark.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2013 at 7:19pm
I was only suggesting that Dave tries using the L key to see if that works.
Must Fly!
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 12:01am
Thanks Geoff, but PaulG has it right. Can't get any panel lighting until FSX decides it is proper dark.
Toggling the 'L' key rotates the panel lights selector ON/OFF too, but has no effect until after dark, so I'm struggling to read some insts in dark cloud or approaching dusk. 

Ita a nice sim though - lovely lighting effects as the sun drifts across the panel, very stable aircraft, just the usual need for a few tweaks with a new product. I will have a go at Paul's VC mods too, and I'd quite like to change the camera position in the main left seat VC view if I could for a more comfortable view of the panel and out through the windscreen. Fussy aren't we ...

See if this screenshot works - the nose taxi lights are on, and one minute later the panel lights come on.

Dave H
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 12:05am
... and this is one minute later
Dave H
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 6:43am
I don't know of any fix for this issue, and it affects all aircraft as far as I'm aware. An alternative would be to have a bright dome light as this will operate in daylight, but I personally think it'll look crap; all it'll do is brighten up the whole cockpit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic