This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC8 mouse controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC8 mouse controls
    Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 2:39pm
It seems that I cannot do several things in the cockpit by point-click; the mouse wheel seems to be the only way, and that is VERY annoying.

For instance: airspeed bugs.selectors etc do not seem to be dragged; rolling them takes forever, even when adjusting the mouse wheel speeds in the WINDOWS Control Panel. Same with NAVCOMM frequencies and other stuff. Other things DO work using point and click.

Am I doing something wrong, or what?

Overall, a nice piece of work.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 3:28pm
Mike, I have found same concern. When I try to switch from Gen 1 to Battery, I have to drag the cursor across the screen to get it to move. Also when I tried to follow the tutorial flight I could not set the crossfeed indicators as illustrated on page 42 of the Pilot's Notes. Because of this I could not get an engine to start. Like you I'm still impressed with the plane, and confident these bugs will be sorted out. Bob
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 4:03pm
I agree too, the mouse control is very slow and fiddly, clicks would be better. Also a pop up for the auto pilot would help. The exterior graphics are a bit disappointing, not up to the standard of the 146 and others. For some reason it plays havoc with my frame rates which doesn't happen with some of my more complex planes.
To sum up, it's not a bad product considering the price but I would rather pay a bit more for better quality. 7/10 
Must Fly!
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:31am
Hi all,

Please send our support team an email so that we can send this as feedback to the developer. You can email them via the support form here: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

George
Mike70 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 2:08pm
For all who have made comments regarding mouse control, I just submitted a ticket that is a collection of all our comments so far, and they have assigned a ticket number. Hopefully we will get some answers or updates soon.

Mike
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 3:16pm
Thanks for that Mike.
Must Fly!
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2013 at 3:58am
Thanks also Mike.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic