This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-8

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Edwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-8
    Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 11:44am
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if the DC-8 will get it's own forum as suggested by Paul?  In the meantime thought I'd share a couple of things I've found:

My VC rudder bar is at full scalle deflection, does not affect control surfaces of flight charachteristics.

I can hold the nose off until about 30Kts at around 20k of fuel.

Those aside it's a lovely aircraft and I'm sure there will be a fix along at some point.

Well done justflight!

Best wishes

Nige

Things wasted to a pilot:
1. Runway behind you
2. Fuel in the bowser
3. Money in the bank
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Nigel Edwards Nigel Edwards wrote:

Hi Folks,
My VC rudder bar is at full scalle deflection, does not affect control surfaces of flight charachteristics.

I noticed the 'stuck' rudder pedals as well, though I can't say I noticed any effect i.e. it wasn't hard to taxi in a straight line, so this could just be a visual mistake.

Talking of taxiing, this DC-8 does seem very well behaved on the ground.
Nigel Edwards View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Edwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 9:25am
Even with the faults I'd rather have it and help the folks out find what needs fixing.
Things wasted to a pilot:
1. Runway behind you
2. Fuel in the bowser
3. Money in the bank
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:44am
Hi all,

With the issues you are describing, you would be better off contact the technical support team here: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

George
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2013 at 9:56am
Are you sure that you want every bug reported to the technical support team George?  What's appearing in the forums isn't really a tech support issue is it, it's users reporting what in the vast majority of cases are straightforward bugs i.e. the rudder pedals are never straight, the EPR needles display nothing to do with EPR, the engines are heard with the engines off, everything seems to work with the battery off except the flaps gauge........and so on.

It seems to me that the users are friendly enough to provide the tech support via the forum in most cases i.e. my flap gauge doesn't work was posted by somebody and answered by a user very soon afterwards.

Just my opinion of course.
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2013 at 11:48am
"It seems to me that the users are friendly enough to provide the tech support via the forum in most cases ".

Well said Paul ... stimulates discussion and easily seen by many users without bugging the support team unnecessarily. It certainly sorted the flaps gauge for me too.

GeorgeB telling us what has been passed on to support works well too.
Dave H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic