This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-8 Jetliner Series 10 through 70
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refund question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refund question
    Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:24pm
Hi,

Today I bought the DC8 and today I asked for a refund.

How long does it take before I get my money back ?

Thanks

Vic
CPC900 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPC900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:40pm
Wow Vic, I just bought it but haven't tried it yet.  Why are you requesting a refund, if I might ask?!
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by CPC900 CPC900 wrote:

Wow Vic, I just bought it but haven't tried it yet.  Why are you requesting a refund, if I might ask?!

I do not like some of the details of the VC  (it looks way too abacus style) but what broke the camel's back was the ability of the plane to hold its nose off the runway (and up in the air) even a 30 kts.It is ridiculous.

Vic
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 2:11pm
Hi Vic,

Refunds take between 5-10 working days before completion. You will receive a response soon.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 4:10pm
Hi Vic,

We do not seem to have your email. Did you receive a ticket number when you sent in your email?

George
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 4:56pm
I actually sent 2 emails.One via the site form and one  via regular email to orders @ justflight and I got 2 numbers.Not sure they will help but I''m including them here.

a) 299-1A04D610-0116
b)2D2-1A04D613-0124
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 4:59pm
Hi Vic, I Have made a couple of flights with the DC-8, and I really like it. I think it was good value for the money I spent. Sorry to hear you were disatisfied, remember there will always be issues with new releases, but I'm sure they will be fixed with service packs it the future. Bob
CPC900 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPC900 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 5:35pm
Good to hear Bob :)  I will try it out tommorrow, when I get some time.
Bob57 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 10:53pm

Bruce, I'm sure you'll enjoy her. Bob

Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:14am
I'm sure you'll like the CP livery Bruce; I had a good look at it last night.

Vic does have a point about this product, but for the little it cost, I'm more than happy to try and encourage Just Flight to continue its development in terms of both fixing and enhancing the current release and producing the other variants.
Nigel Edwards View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Edwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 11:46am
I agree with Paul, bound to be some bumps initially but no doubt will be fixed at some point.

Best wishes

Nige
Things wasted to a pilot:
1. Runway behind you
2. Fuel in the bowser
3. Money in the bank
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 12:36pm
GeorgeB,

Just to let you know that I was not contacted yet.

Looking forward to my refund.

Thanks.

Vic
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Paul Golding Paul Golding wrote:

I'm sure you'll like the CP livery Bruce; I had a good look at it last night.

Vic does have a point about this product, but for the little it cost, I'm more than happy to try and encourage Just Flight to continue its development in terms of both fixing and enhancing the current release and producing the other variants.

The problem with this cheap/budget addons is the following imo: The  vids showing off the products are deceiving.They show, in general, an acceptable/good/excellent exterior.When it comes to the VC you see everything  zoomed out and you can't tell what you will actually get.So you  buy it and you end up with what  something that can be disappointing.

This is what happened to me.Had I seen a close up of the VC I would not have bought it in a million years. Upon reflection  I should have known better tho.For that price I should have  known that i was not going to get real air/pmdg quality.
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 4:38pm
I don't think anybody should be expecting Real Air/PMDG quality Vic; at best I'd that being somewhat naïve.

However, you are quite correct about the quality of the VC vs the detail shown in previews, but that seems to apply to almost every add-on these days.  Nobody wants to post pic's of what you'll be looking at 90% of the time.  Instead we get these silly panoramic views from the rear cockpit wall!

To be fair though, most of the VC is pretty good and seems to be let down by a combination of poor VC camera views i.e. pedestal, FE panel and OH and even worse, quite poorly modelled and textured areas around the main VC eyepoint.  To me at least, what you see when first loading the aircraft, and what you spend most time looking at, are the things that should actually look the best.  Yes the CB panel at the back is very nice, but most will only look at it once.

That said, it's the basis of a very nice add-on.....as long as there's a willingness to do some more work on it.
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 9:00pm

...the detail shown in previews, but that seems to apply to almost every add-on these days.

< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://forum.justflight.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&ID=165999&CACHE=1045" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">
I'm not sure I'd agree with you.Unless you mean almost every justflight/abacus  product or addon of the same quality (or lack thereof).

For example if you  head over to realair  and click on the lancair legacy and then on screenshots you  can see  nice closeups of the  Vc showing all the nice detail. RA wants to show what can they do.

JF on the other hand does not seem want  to show what  their vcs is like (can't blame them can you). One exception the Q400 lol no need to wonder why.

I have the feeling some vendors would like to fool the customer into believing they can get a quality addon (nice vids where they hide all they can). if the customer falls for it and then complains the response is ...at that price point what do you expect ? The customer is out of pocket and the  happy vendor laughs all the way to the bank.

Since a fool is born every minute(here I am) some vendors will never go hungry.

Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Vic Vic wrote:

...the detail shown in previews, but that seems to apply to almost every add-on these days.

< id="WebWizRTE" ="http://forum.justflight.com/RTE_.asp?mode=quote&ID=165999&CACHE=1045" style="border: #A5ACB2 1px solid" ="initialiseWebWizRTE;" ="20" height="300" width="650">
I'm not sure I'd agree with you.Unless you mean almost every justflight/abacus  product or addon of the same quality (or lack thereof).

For example if you  head over to realair  and click on the lancair legacy and then on screenshots you  can see  nice closeups of the  Vc showing all the nice detail. RA wants to show what can they do.

JF on the other hand does not seem want  to show what  their vcs is like (can't blame them can you). One exception the Q400 lol no need to wonder why.

I have the feeling some vendors would like to fool the customer into believing they can get a quality addon (nice vids where they hide all they can). if the customer falls for it and then complains the response is ...at that price point what do you expect ? The customer is out of pocket and the  happy vendor laughs all the way to the bank.

Since a fool is born every minute(here I am) some vendors will never go hungry.

No Vic, that's incorrect and sorry if you feel that way. That's kind of suggesting we're being deceitful which simply isn't our style. We've been in this game for over 15 years now and I doubt we'd still be in business if we were up to those kind of tricks.

We do try and show a varied number of shots of our products pre-release and after release and even for the Dc-8 we have published a number of VC shots and also one video, pre-release, that features quite a bit of footage of the cockpit.

Perhaps the interior of this product isn't up to what you expect and doesn't do it for you, so you're within your right to claim your refund which we'll be happy to honour. But please let's leave it at that.
There are many happy customers who have purchased this product and we've received some great feedback to date on all aspects of the Add-On including the cockpit.

Sorry this one didn't cut it for you though.
Vic View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 3:59am
-------
No Vic, that's incorrect and sorry if you feel that way. That's kind of suggesting we're being deceitful which simply isn't our style. We've been in this game for over 15 years now and I doubt we'd still be in business if we were up to those kind of tricks.
-----

I don't think I'm  wrong. If you do not wish people  think you're trying one  of  "those kind of tricks" you would have to explain the substandard,poor almost fs98-like details of the VC  you did not show in the videos.You did not show those details in your videos.Not to mention the ability of the plane to hold its nose off the runway and in the air even at 28tks (or thereabouts).It appears the plane hasn't even been properly tested unless the ac was pushed out on the market hoping nobody notices it-

I'm sorry but to me all the above is indication of  "those tricks".Yes 15  yrs of trading do prove  you're good at what you do.Not only that tho as I already mentioned.

-- 
 so you're within your right to claim your refund which we'll be happy to honour. But please let's leave it at that.
---

I did.I heard nothing back.

--
There are many happy customers who have purchased this product and we've received some great feedback to date on all aspects of the Add-On including the cockpit.
 ---
Sure.this phrase is common among vendors.

Thanks

V

------
have a look at this gorgeous detail:

oleandreasen View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oleandreasen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 8:47am
Whoa Vic... can´t you simply take your money and run? Why deliberately try to spoil the fun for the rest of us?

Your allegations seem only rude. You sound like a petulant child who didnt get what he wanted for his birthday, and now everyone must take a rat of your disappointment and anger. 

You havent heard back from your refund request - well the aircraft came out Thursday, and now its Sunday... that left JF with ONE day, before you started ranting. 

I have many JF products and I am quite happy with most of them. I didn´t like the Viscount, due to what I thought as issues on the flightmodel, so I asked for a refund - and promptly got it. No problems whatsoever.

I bought the DC-8 and I like it a lot, and so does a lot of other people. I don´t see this thread overflowing with support posts for your opinion, so perhaps its YOU who have a problem... ever considered that? 

Please take the refund and buy something you like instead...
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 10:50am
Vic

The person who does our promotional videos is given a loose brief and naturally that person will show the aircraft off in the best possible light but at no point would they be instructed to not video x,y or z of the aircraft. That is a fact.

The issue with the nose, and several other small points are being looked at now and will be fixed or tweaked when possible in the initial service pack or in a forthcoming service pack.  We or any other add-on publisher that we're aware of have yet to release an add-on that hasn't required one or more service pack after the release. That's just the nature of the beast. We accept not everything is perfect, it's a complex old bird and there will always be extra tweaking and fixes required with any release. Missing things out or not being 100% accurate with specific areas isn't intentional and things do slip through the net even after excessive QA procedures. Just the way it is but we do, where possible, endeavour and vow to improve the aircraft over time.

The product was released on Thursday and our customer support team are going to be dealing with a lot of queries, they do not work weekends, so I just ask for you to be a little patient but I can assure you, you will receive your requested refund.

The line about other customers and positive feedback is again a fact Vic. Question it if you wish but it's 100% accurate

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

jmitch1947 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2013 at 6:28pm
Just bought this airplane, but embarrassingly  can't take off, brakes are off throttle on 3/4 and I just sit there, twiddled a few buttons / switches but nothing.

Embarrassed
jmitch
Windows 10 Pro, Z97 Gaming 3 Mother Board, Intel i54690K, 32MB Ram, GeForce G970, 3x3Gb Hd’s, Saitek Yoke Sys with pedals & panels, Saitek X-52 Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic