This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Hauler - Unhandled Exception

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Hauler - Unhandled Exception
    Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 6:21pm
Hello,

I just bought this program, and i'm having issues with getting it working correctly. 

Program installs just fine, updated with the latest service pack.

Using FSX w/ SP2+Acceleration 
Win 7 64b (UAC Off) 

The unhandled exception hits me when i'm supposed to choose where i'd like to set up shop (after selecting difficulty)

I have tried re-installing the program several times - error still occurs.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Here's the error : 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E7D): The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
   at ADODB.RecordsetClass.Open(Object Source, Object ActiveConnection, CursorTypeEnum CursorType, LockTypeEnum LockType, Int32 Options)

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 6:38pm
Could you try un-installing, re-installing but on the re-install, leave the install path as the default?  (you can move it later).

Then launch AH before applying the service pack.  Set up your company, then quit, apply the service pack and re-launch.

If that works, then we'll move it over to your E:\ drive. :)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:05pm
Hello

Thanks for the quick reply, awesome!

Did as asked, default install location -> same error applies. I'm never actually able to finish starting the new company, it crashes when i select the location i want to be at.

Tried again after the program crashed, but with the SP installed. Same issue. 

I'll paste the error again incase there is any differences : 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A0E7D): The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context.
   at ADODB.RecordsetClass.Open(Object Source, Object ActiveConnection, CursorTypeEnum CursorType, LockTypeEnum LockType, Int32 Options)

Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:38pm
Are you running AirHauler "As Administrator"?

(Right click on icon, Run As Administrator, or go to properties, Compatibility tab, tick Always run as Administrator).

Does that help?
AirHauler Developer
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:42pm
Yep, i'm running it as admin. Done a fair bit of google search trying to find anyone with the same error, didn't come up with any resolutions.

I'm clueless as to what's causing this error.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:48pm
FSX or FS9?

Can you check for the existence of AH9.mdb and AHX.mdb in your AirHauler program directory?
AirHauler Developer
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:50pm
Running FSX with acceleration. 

ah9.mdb and ahX.mdb are both there.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 7:56pm
Might sound silly, but have you rebooted the machine since the error?  I'm wondering if the file has been locked by Windows.
AirHauler Developer
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 8:06pm
Yes, machine has been rebooted several times since the error. 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:34pm
Hmmm, that is weird.

Do you have access to a different machine, does it work on that?
AirHauler Developer
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 9:41pm
unfortunately i don't. Tried a few google searches on the unhandled exception message i'm getting. No results though :(
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 11:42pm
When doing google searches for the exception text error it directs me to various threads regarding SQL Databases / DNS Servers and such.. This is beyond my knowledge.

Here's the error code as posted previously, maybe you can make sense of the search results? 

(0x80004005):

Sorry if this is causing much hassle.
cbear View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:18am
just to throw my 2 cents worth in, is your windows fully up todate?

Bruce
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 9:57am
Yeah, windows is fully updated.
cbear View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:23pm
do you actually get to pick a new base location or does it crash before that point?
When you do the uninstall and re-install do you have the anti-virus off. I have seen these block regestry entries on installs of some software.

Good luck.
Bruce
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2013 at 2:41pm
The program crashes at the "Company Start Location" screen. Just as i hit the "Open Base" button, the error occurs.

Using microsoft security essentials, no AVG/Norton stuff. After each install/uninstall i do a reboot of the machine.

Appreciate the support guys

Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 1:39pm
Ok, spent all yesterday troubleshooting this without any luck getting it working Wacko
Even did a system restore. Only thing i can think of would be reformatting (which i'm not going to)

Is it possible to apply for a refund? 
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 1:15pm
If you bought it from JustFlight, they'll refund you without any issue.

However, one last thing to try:

Download an install the Microsoft MDAC 2.8 from here:

See if that helps.
AirHauler Developer
Syonco View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syonco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2013 at 2:33pm
Downloaded and installed - still crashes Unhappy
StigAndre7 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StigAndre7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 6:10pm
I have some strange issues myself atm. Not sure if it helps you, but it may be an alternative to reinstall/RMA or restarting a career.

Got rid of one error by dismissing my hired flight crew. The error appeared after clicking the OP button. It is worth to mention that I imported scenery without deactivating WideFS prior to the import. I think this is what caused the error. After doing the import properly the error still remained. Then I thought to myself: Before and while I was doing all this the hired flight crew was assigned to still active jobs, not completed jobs in other words. So I suspect that this was causing un-handled exceptions in some way.
I un-assigned all jobs - and deleted/cancelled them. Never mind the negative score as long as the issue went away, was my mindset. 

Long story short. After cancellation of the assigned jobs the issue was still there. But As I have experienced before when deleting jobs etc. Active jobs might get an error since the AI is in flight or unloading cargo etc. - Hence the dismissing of all crew members. Imported scenery properly and reactivated WideFS. Clicked the OP button with NO errors. I did however get an error msg on the importing, at the end of import. But I ignored that message since I saw the airfields added actually was shown on the map.

But now another exception popped up - but that is another story - and is still un-resolved. I have not made any test flights yet to confirm that the main issue has actually dissipated.
( Issue appeared not when pressing OP button this time, but when entering the job center for the first time after program launch. - And the error message mentioned something about ESSK(an airfield in Sweden) not being correct.(I regret I did not copy that msg))

I apologize for the walk around the bend, but I hope it helps. After all, it might just be a crew member holding you back. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic