This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC-10 Collection (boxed)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb_1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC-10 Collection (boxed)
    Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 12:15am
Hello!

I bought the DC-10 in the recent promotion but haven't been able to get it past the first few stages of the install. I get as far as choosing which version of Flight Simulator I am installing the add-on into (FSX), the screen changes to a couple of needle gauges for a split second and then an error message pops up to say "Cannot locate the DVD-ROM - Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart the application". Scuppered my plans for the weekend.

I've contacted Just Flight tech support and received a reply telling me to open the DVD, find the .exe file, right click on it and run as admin. I tried this using the "start.exe" in the top-level directory of the disk and also the "setup.exe" located in DC10/data/FSX. Neither option worked.

I assume this is some sort of infuriating security protection on the DVD? For what it's worth, this is a 2 month old, 'clean' PC with no dodgy software or "virtual drives" installed. It's running Windows 7 X64 Home Premium and uses the standard firewall and Microsoft Essentials for security.

I've contacted Just Flight tech support again but I wondered if this was a common issue and maybe there was something else I could try in the meantime.

The drive is an LG Blu-Ray HD-DVD combo R/W and I've never had any issues with it. Tonight I moved my FSX installation to a different, bigger drive and had no problems with any of my other DVDs.

Thanks in advance.

Andy   

Win7 x64, Z87-D3HP, i5 4670K 4.3GHz, GTX670 2GB, 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 250GB SSD840, 2X Samsung SpinPoint 500GB HDD, 1X WD3000HLFS, T-Flight Hotas X, FSX Gold/Acc, REX Ess+O/D. Yes dear, in a minute...
andyb_1972 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyb_1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2013 at 4:15pm
Problem solved - issued with the download version instead. Amazing customer support from Just Flight!
Win7 x64, Z87-D3HP, i5 4670K 4.3GHz, GTX670 2GB, 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 250GB SSD840, 2X Samsung SpinPoint 500GB HDD, 1X WD3000HLFS, T-Flight Hotas X, FSX Gold/Acc, REX Ess+O/D. Yes dear, in a minute...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic