This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some traffic but not a lot !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some traffic but not a lot !
    Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 11:45am
Hi

A friend of mine is in the process of building a very high spec PC for me. He has on my behalf, installed Traffic 360 for me. However, despite having "ticked" all the european airlines that I am likely to see at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport in the list, when I go to AMS (Mega Airport version), whilst there are SOME of the airlines that I ticked there, there arent as many aircraft in general that one would find in the middle of the day at AMS .

I have been told that you have to load up your airport that you wish to fly from, then wait up to 15 minutes, for the parked aircraft that you have ticked in your list to appear ?  Is this correct, or should PARKED aircraft appear instantly ?  And only landing aircraft take 15 mins to appear in the skies on approach ?

My Traffic settings in FSX are up to abour 84 per cent. (or does this not have any bearing on Traffic 360 ?)

Thanks

Derek
UK

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 11:30pm
If you haven't already done so, then I would suggest downloading and installing the Traffic 360 Service Pack 1.09.  See this thread here: Traffic 360 Service Pack - [Version 1.09 Aug 2013].

As for the tick boxes, the program installs the AI traffic in to the simulator for you, ready to go.  Ticking or un-ticking those tick boxes has no affect on adding or removing planes or airlines. The tick boxes are there for when you are diving in to the software a bit deeper and making modifications and edits to the flight plans within the program.  After making such changes, you would need to recompile the AI traffic so that it can be used by the sim, and the tick boxes play a part in that process.  The manual will explain this better.
shinymac View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2013 at 12:46am
Hi 

Thanks for the advice. If I read your post correctly, I think you are saying that Traffic 360 installs ALL aircraft in its inventory into the game, when you first install the software, and you are not given the option of which airlines to install and which not to ?  I also think you are saying that any airlines/aircraft that it install should INSTANTLY show up at the relevant airport, and there is no need to "wait up to 15 mins" for aircraft to show up ? 

Is this correct ? 

If so, as you say, I will now download and install the service pack. 

Thanks

Derek

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 8:14am
Correct, the program installs ALL aircraft in its inventory into the game.  Correct, you are not given the option of which airlines to install and which not to.  And, correct, airlines/aircraft that it installs will show up at the relevant airports.  You don't need to do anything except install it, and then simply enjoy having airlines and planes in your sim.

You are also correct about the 15 minutes thing ... but in a different way to what you are thinking.  When you load the sim, all airlines/aircraft will show up at the relevant airports.  But there will be plenty of planes loaded on the ground at gates that are all scheduled to take off ... and similarly there will be plenty of planes that load in the sky ... some flying to their destinations, but many of them wanting/needing to land.  This can mean the airport will be a VERY busy place with LOTS of activity all happening all at once.  It will be a mad rush, and a little "unrealistic".  This is where the 15 minute thing comes in to it.  All of this mad rush of activity will take about 10 to 15 minutes to "settle down".  Planes will taxi, planes will take off, planes will land, it will be BUSY.  But, after about 10-15 minutes, all of this mad rush of activity should be finished with, and the airport will start to look and behave like a "normal" airport.

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 2:50pm
Although all parked AI aircraft will appear immediately upon loading a flight that begins at an airport, it can take approximately 10 minutes after the initial loading of a flight before AI traffic shows movement. Even at a large and busy airport, for the first 10 minutes, there may be no aircraft starting their engines, no aircraft taxiing, and no aircraft taking off or landing. However, a full 10-minute delay is not always the case. In some cases, there will be no delay at all.

Dan
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2014 at 1:53pm
I have noticed since reinstalling onto my new pc that I see aircraft at airports but don't get much on atc, I think I have it set to 15%, what would you recommend as a good level of aircraft from 360.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic