This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This Knife wil blow you apart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This Knife wil blow you apart
    Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:11pm
They want to crack down on knife crime but this  will blow you apart !!!!!!!!!!!
Can you imagine this on the streets.

Aircraft Engines are the sound of Freedom.

ART
VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:18pm
HOLY COW.

It's simple: if you're caught carrying that knife, you get 10 years minimum (no parole before 10 years).

If you use it, you get LIFE, to mean LIFE, with no possibility of parole.

I'm all for the death penalty.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
mutley View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
Pilot Extraordinaire!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 3:57pm
The only deadly animals on our streets are the people with knives. Unhappy
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 4:10pm
What a waste of good water melon. Disapprove

IMO the UK is waaaay to soft in terms of punishment. If you compare the crime stats of the UK with a country like Saudi Arabia, you'd be astonished. I'd certainly not be afraid to walk around on my own in the evening in SA. I would be in the UK. What's better, the "rights" of criminals, or the safety of innocent people?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
leesheeky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leesheeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 4:28pm
i agree with vulcan bring back death penalty
emo god.
we live to die why not die to live
fs9.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 4:40pm
Why not. It's done a great job in place like America. They have the death penalty and absolutely no problems when it comes to murder and crimes involving weapons... Disapprove If they did then it would suggest that its not really much of a deterrent.

To me having the death penalty serves no purpose. If somebody has been caught and convicted of a crime worthy of the death penalty then they will already have life without parole. Then being murdered by the state on top of that seems to me to suggest that murdering somebody as retribution for an act against you is OK? Something in that logic doesn't seem right to me!
Murder is murder, whether its done in a knife fight or whilst strapped into a chair.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 4:56pm
Agree with Richard wholeheartedly.

When you execute a murderer you become a murderer yourself. We can't switch off our values when we feel it's convenient, it's either wrong or it's not.

The priority is to protect the general public, to prevent the perpetrator from committing the same crime again. A life sentence achieves that.

Yes it's true that in this idiotic country a life sentence doesn't necessarily mean that, and it's wrong, life should mean life. 

As for Saudi Arabia, they can keep their interpretation of justice, barbaric acts like cutting peoples limbs off for stwealing a loaf of bread and flogging someone because they consumed alcohol belongs in the dark ages.

ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 5:13pm
What's the UK going to do about it?

Knaff all, that's what they're going to do. Nothing! I never feel safe in this country, and the report on this knife will encourage more people to buy it!

It's not going to look nice up your rear-end....
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:17pm
Quote As for Saudi Arabia, they can keep their interpretation of justice, barbaric acts like cutting peoples limbs off for stwealing a loaf of bread and flogging someone because they consumed alcohol belongs in the dark ages.

As I've said, why should we care if it's barbaric? If it protects the population, who cares? What matters is it achieves results like nothing else! I'd much rather feel safe than be worried about the "human rights" of some criminal.

According to nationmaster.com, here are some murder stats:

UK- 0.0140633 per 1,000 people 

SA- 0.00397456 per 1,000 people 

That's probably unimpressive, but for stealing:

UK- 1.57433 per 1,000 people 

SA- 0.0226361 per 1,000 people 

Or even better, Qatar  (which follows more or less with the same laws as SA):

0.00463472 per 1,000 people 

You could leave a large amount of gold in your expensive car and not worry about leaving it unlocked in an open space in Saudi Arabia. In the UK, people are afraid to leave ANYTHING on display in the cars, even if they are locked.

EDIT: I will also point out that stealing/looting etc is more common in less developed countries (like Saudia Arabia, and not like the UK). Yet, the UK still comes out with the higher robbery rate.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:31pm

Quote barbaric acts like cutting peoples limbs off for stwealing a loaf of bread

You know very well that isn't true. You shouldn't exaggerate like that.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:38pm
As I've said, why should we care if it's barbaric? If it protects the population, who cares? What matters is it achieves results like nothing else! I'd much rather feel safe than be worried about the "human rights" of some criminal.

Odai, that's quite an appalling statement!

To severe a persons arm off for stealing a loaf of bread is totally barbaric, of course we should care. People that steal bread are usually starving, and society in many cases has let them down.

You seem to have totally missed Richards point. There is a death penalty in many of the most violent states in the world, and despite the severity of the punishment the murder rate remains high.

You don't seem to have a grasp when it comes to ethics either. Ethics are not something you can switch on and off at will, when you feel it's convenient, otherwise you don't truly hold those principles dear do you? You regard something as right or wrong, you do not regard something as right when you are in the mood and wrong when you're not.

It's very worrying that you believe it's okay to chop an old womans hand off for stealing food, despite the fact that she was starving.

Punishment should fit the crime, otherwise you may as well put people to death instead of giving them a parking fine.

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 6:40pm
You know very well that isn't true. You shouldn't exaggerate like that.

UK is waaaay to soft in terms of punishment. If you compare the crime stats of the UK with a country like Saudi Arabia, you'd be astonished.

So how would we be astonished then?

Riyadh - An Egyptian convicted of theft in Saudi Arabia had his right hand chopped off on Monday - the first hand amputation to be carried out in the kingdom in 2007.

The Egyptian national had his right hand cut off after he was convicted of pick-pocketing inside the Grand Mosque in Mecca, a Saudi ministry of interior statement said.

The ministry warned all those who toyed with the idea of committing a similar crime to beware of the punishment prescribed in the Islamic Sharia law.

Saudi Arabia implements a harsh, puritanical version of Islam, known as Wahhabism named after the founder of the rigid Islamic school of thought, Muhammad bin Abdel-Wahhab.

Under Saudi law, if a convicted thief offends again, his left hand will be cut off.

beheading or stoning is also in place I believe.
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 7:10pm

Martin, almost all of your argument seems to be based on stealing the bread.

What you said is, quite simply, not true. When I said what I said I was not referring to the bread at all, I dismissed that straight away. It's a load of rubbish! People don't get amputated for stealing bread. That's what I meant by exaggeration, it's a known fact people get amputated for serious theft. It's a completely false (and very silly) myth they get amputated for stealing bread. Please drop that point!

As I've said, what's better, our safety, or ethics in relation to the criminal? It is better to have a "lack of ethics" (I don't believe it is even that, there is nothing wrong IMO with executions, but that's just an opinion), than to allow higher rates of murder/theft etc to continue. Innocent people are more deserving of your ethics than the criminal.

As for the stats, they prove that what you call "barbaric" achieve results. The murder rate is far lower in a country like SA (which, BTW, has far more political problems, among other conflicts too).

beheading or stoning is also in place I believe.

Look up SA's basic law on wiki. It's all there I think.

Quote You seem to have totally missed Richards point. There is a death penalty in many of the most violent states in the world, and despite the severity of the punishment the murder rate remains high.

The death penalty is not the only thing that plays a role as a deterrent, in countries with low muder rates anyway. There are many other factors to consider too. From what I understand, in the  USA, a murder may not get you executed, it may just put you in prison. Have you seen the conditions of prisons in the US? I saw a documentary on it once, and, to be honest, I cannot see the punishment in being locked up places like that. The prisons in SA for example, are far less "friendly", which is what is needed. Also, what about the causes of murder in USA? What about gang crime? Drug dealing? Prostitution groups? These all cause problems which lead to murder. So, you can see, there are far more factors to consider than just the death penalty when looking at the murder rates.
needles View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote needles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 8:14pm
I completely agree with RAS and MartinW on this issue.
What if the death penalty was reintroduced in Britain and the authorities got the wrong person for the crime? Death is final and can't be undone, so it's a very very precarious path to tread. I do believe, however that people convicted of murder should get life imprisonment with total loss of rights, i.e no tv, radio, luxuries etc etc. My opinion only.
Spec:Asus P8Z77-V Mobo; 16Gb Corsair Vengeance1600DDR3 RAM; Intel i7 2600CPU; 2xEVGA GTX570; Corsair Force3 120GbSSD; WD500Gb Velociraptor; WD1.5TbHDD; WD2TbHDD; Litescribe DVD; 3x Acer23" LCD, TH2Go.
ConcordeGuy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConcordeGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by needles needles wrote:

I do believe, however that people convicted of murder should get life imprisonment with total loss of rights, i.e no tv, radio, luxuries etc etc. My opinion only.

Then this should become fact, not opinion.
Magic Man View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 9:14pm

I agree with Pointy on this, if you go out armed and are caught, 10 years no questions, no excuses.

Flightboy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2008 at 11:09pm
Im all for the death penalty in the uk! and the comment about murder is murder is total rubbish! being given a injection and falling asleep is far better than what most murder victims indure

And keep them in prison for life? and why should i pay for that? Execute them and the family can bury it at their expense then we have one less killer to look after and less tax to pay to keep him alive!

In my opinion if you kill another human you give up your rights to life

flightboy
Odai View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 12:46am
Quote and the comment about murder is murder is total rubbish!

I'll assume you're talking about the idea of the executioner becoming a murderer, in which case yes, I totally agree with you. It has absolutely no foundation, it's garbage.
Flit View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 5:45am
This knife should be illegal, and banned from production. I think its intended purpose is outweighed by the dangers of its misuse. I don't think hunters suddenly and desperately need to explode the organs of animals.

As for the death penalty, and capital punishment as a part of a judicial system; I oppose it. I agree, as other's have said, that it is barbaric. I am of the opinion that we do not have the right to impose death on another individual, or deform the body in any way.

Yes, it costs us money to maintain the life of the convicted, and that this should be addressed. And yes, maybe the prison system needs some alteration so as it can't be considered or relied upon so as to be a 'lifestyle', as some convicted criminals use it. But that is another issue as far as I am concerned.

The idea of cutting off a limb due to the theft of ANY value, is an ugly, outdated, gruesome and inhumane idea. Those who seriously think: 'we can stop a criminal from stealing again by cutting off his hand' are stupid, in my opinion. How does that help a thief make reparations to his life? Are we all so free of ANY wrongdoing ourselves that we have the right to decide to cripple another? How would you be suitably maimed for what mistakes you have not been caught for? No matter how small it may seem, I'm sure there is a part of the body I can think of to suit the crime. An earlobe for a parking infringement maybe?

Yes, we may think that we spend too much on helping these people. Our hard earned money seemingly wasted on the council and aid of 'scum'. But that is what makes us better, that is what makes us decent. Our patience, our self-control, our forgiveness are what I call modern morality. I will not be told what to think or do by ancient, ill-advised sages from the pages of dusty old religious scripts.

I do not think that we have the right to impose the same punishment a murderer thought his/her victim deserved. It makes us almost as bad as the convicted. Despite the heartache and anger at the loss of a loved one, we are better because we don't murder. We should not bring ourselves down to their level.

And, of great significance, the death penalty is irreversible, injustice would not be repairable, as said.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2008 at 9:21am

Martin, almost all of your argument seems to be based on stealing the bread.

Don't care if it’s an old lady or a wallet from someone’s pocket, as in regard to the case I linked to. To severe a limb of for pick-pocketing is obscene. We gave up that sort of punishment in the UK centuries ago.

Not sure what you are suggesting Odai, but if you regard such punishments as fitting, and applicable to the UK, then no thanks. Returning to the dark ages, a time of barbaric punishments for minor offences is ludicrous.

it's a known fact people get amputated for serious theft.

Yes, pick pocketing which is equally ludicrous. It's like trying to hammer a nail in with a nuclear bomb. The punishment is completely out of context with the 'alleged' crime. Thank god we live in the UK.

It is better to have a "lack of ethics" (I don't believe it is even that, there is nothing wrong IMO with executions,

So you believe moral values are something we can switch on and off when we feel like it? And you see nothing wrong with taking human life? That excuse has been used many times in history, and I would imagine in Nazi Germany the same switching off of values prevailed. See my point now???

If you view killing as wrong, then you can not kill a criminal and suddenly deem it acceptable, because he did the same thing. You can not accuse a murderer of committing an unlawful act and then commit the same act yourself.

1. Executions have no place in a civilized society!  Only the US of all the industrialized western nations engages in this sort of activity. The learned, amongst the rest of the western nation’s, conclude it is morally unacceptable. Me too!

2. Murder demonstrates a lack of respect for human life, that is why it is deemed abhorrent. A policy of state authorized killings is equally immoral.

3. State authorized killings epitomize the inefficiency and brutality of of violence rather than reason as the solution to difficult social problems.

4 When law enforcement experts where asked to rank the factors that curbed crime, curbing drug use, more officers on the street, longer sentences, and gun control were cited as more effective measures. 

In short, a violent public spectacle of state sanctioned homicide, one that endorses killing to solve social problems, is archaic and ineffective. The benefits of capital punishment are illusory, research has demonstrated that time and time again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic