This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Game problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Game problem
    Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 3:02pm
Hi everyone was woundering if any one else has had this problem with FSX. Some nights its realy good aircraft fly well and it loads up prety quickly, then there are times where in the loading process it gets stuck on 27% for a while then once it loads up the aircraft moves in a startkarto way the game runs realy roughly and you just cant enjoy the exprience of FSX. I have nearly kicked the computer in a couple of time out of frustration, when the game works its great but when it does not its just dam frustrating. Just Flight in their minds may have improved Flight Simulator, yes the graphics are good the working jet bridges and trollys and push back tugs but apart from that FS9 and Traffix 2005 are much user friendly and run better.AngryAngryAngry
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 5:12pm
Hi, Darren,

On my computer system, and with my FSX settings, flight loading tends to stall when the progress bar reaches "Loading auto-generated scenery..." This is not surprising since I have my "Autogen density' slider all the way to the right at "Extremely dense." In fact, I have most of my sliders all the way to the right. One noteable exception is the "Texture resolution" slider. I have found that moving the "Texture resolution" slider as little as one position to the left of its current position can significantly improve frame rates.

Since your flight loading tends to stall at around 27 percent, it is stalling while "Loading terrain data..." Since the "Texture resolution" slider is within the "Terrain and water" section of the FSX "Scenery" tab, try moving your "Texture resolution" slider one position to the left of its present position.

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 5:22am
In addition to Dan's suggestion ...

If FSX was working perfectly, for a long time, but then suddenly only just started doing this out of the blue, then you should ask yourself this question: "What has changed?"

If you have added something to the simulator (scenery, AI traffic, anything) ... then try disabling that or, even uninstalling it.  Then run FSX and see if it once again runs normally.  The idea here is to try to determine exactly where the problem lies, by using a process of elimination.

(And also remember that the change could be a NEW Virus scanner you've put on to your PC, or new video card driver update.  Don't always assume that the problem lies with FSX.)

Another option is (following on from Dan's suggestion) to turn down the FSX sliders.  Personally, I would turn the AI sliders all the way off (down to 0%).  Then run FSX and see how it goes.  If it works fine, then pull ONE of the AI sliders up ... to, say, 50%.  Leave the other one at 0%.  Run FSX again and see how it goes.  If it works fine, then pull the other one up (again, 50%).  Now they are both at 50%.  Run FSX and see how it goes.  Etc etc etc.  Again, the idea is to use a process of elimination to try to determine where the issue lies.  If AI traffic turns out to NOT be the problem, then move on to the GRAPHICS sliders.  Begin with the AUTOGEN slider.  Turn it down.  Run FSX.  Etc etc etc.  You get the idea.  Keep going with this sort of process of elimination until you start to get an idea of what is potentially causing the issue

And, lastly, one other suggestion:  Make a BACKUP copy of your FSX.cfg file (store it somewhere like on the desktop) and then RENAME or DELETE it.  Run FSX.  FSX will create a brand new one.  Now see if FSX runs smoothly and well.  If it does, then you're good to go.  If there's no change, then you can copy your BACKUP copy back in again.

On XP, you will find fsx.cfg here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

On Windows Vista, 7 and 8, you will find fsx.cfg here:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 10:29am
Thanks Guys I will try all that and let you know how I go thanks again.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 11:56am
I have had  a play with the sliders, its still the same I am woundering if to uninstale the game and re instale it would make any difference I havent added anything to the sumulator. If you uninstall then reinstall the game does that mean I have to get a new code to load the game up ? If there is one comment I have to say to Just Flight is how bloody frustrating this game is. I know its better than FS9 in looks and graphics but FS9 and Traffix 2005 runs way way better than this. I will keep ajusting the sliders and see how we go
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 3:25pm
Darren,

In addition to the things that are mentioned above, there are many additional things that you can try...too many to mention all of them here. Make sure that light bloom is disabled. If light bloom is enabled, FSX has to draw each screen frame twice. How is the general health of your computer system? Do you defragment your hard drive at least weekly? If you have a version of Windows that has the Aero interface, the Aero interface should be disabled when FSX runs by right clicking on the fsx.exe file, selecting "Properties," and putting an "x" in the box to "Disable desktop composition" on the "Compatibility" tab. Remember to click the "Apply" button. After doing so, the Aero interface will be automatically disabled before FSX loads, and the Aero interface will be automatically enabled after FSX closes.

It very well may be that there are a combination of software and hardware factors that are adversely affecting the ability of your computer system to run FSX smoothly. Many additional software tweaks can be found in the Software & Hardware Guide for FSX, which is available for free download from AVSIM. The guide is updated regularly.

If all software tweaking fails to achieve the desired results, then upgrading hardware will be necessary. With FSX, consider purchasing a more powerful CPU, consider purchasing a motherboard with a faster bus speed, and consider adding more and faster RAM. Although FSX can use no more than 4 GB of RAM, having more than 4 GB of RAM can be worthwhile since FSX will not be the only software that occupies RAM while FSX is running. (If it were, then there would have been no benefit from doing the disabling of the Aero interface that was mentioned above). Any 64-bit software running under a 64-bit version of Windows can utilize address space that resides beyond the FSX 4 GB boundary. When a system has more than 4 GB of RAM, such software doesn't have to squeeze itself into the address space that FSX (a 32-bit program) uses. Although motherboard, CPU, and RAM are most important, you may want to upgrade your graphics card, too. If you decide to do so, be aware that FSX likes Nvidia cards better than AMD cards. (This has always been the case).

Dan
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 3:23pm
Don't forget that our support team are always available to help: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 11:55am
Thanks Guys for that, the computer is going ok for what I use it for. I had a play with the settings and lowered the setting and the frame rate and that seems to have worked, so far its running ok now. I am thinking of getting a more powerfull graphics card. Anyway thanks for your help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic