This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

360 Density setting and FSX.CFG

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360 Density setting and FSX.CFG
    Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 8:24pm
I'm a little confused by the Traffic 360 Density setting in the Traffic Generator.  It doesn't appear to be related to the FSX.CFG values below:

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=10
GADensity=10

Can someone explain to me exactly what this does?  The manual doesn't say much about it (Page 33-34) ...

Move the density slider to set the amount of VFR or business traffic you want to generate
before selecting the ‘Generate Traffic’ option.

So how does this relate (or not) to the FSX AirlineDensity and GADensity values?

Thanks, Rob.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 2:51am
The slider is used by Traffic 360 for generating random AI traffic.

NOTE: After generating the random AI traffic, that you must do a COMPILE for that traffic to appear in FSX.

The sliders tell Traffic 360 "how much" traffic to randomly generate ...

An example illustrates ...

If you set that slider to 100%, then, it will generate the "normal" amount of AI traffic that it would normally generate.  If you set that slider that 50% then it will generate only "half" the AI traffic that it would normally generate.  If you set it to 200%, then it will generate "double" the amount of traffic that it would normally generate.  You then do your compile and , finally, run FSX.

To further help the illustration ... Let's say you had set the Traffic Generator slider to 50% in Traffic 360.  You tell Traffic 360 to generate random traffic.  Say it randomly generates 400 flight plans with the slider set at 50%.  Now you go in to FSX, where your GA Density slider is set at 10% ... you will see 40 of those planes (10% of 400).  But, say you had set the Traffic Generator slider to 200% in Traffic 360.  You tell Traffic 360 to generate random traffic. With the slider set at 200%, it generates 1600 flight plans (remember at 50% it generated 400 flight plans).  Now you go in to FSX, where your GA Density slider is still set at 10% (unchanged) ... you will now see 160 of those planes (10% of 1600).

I hope this makes sense.

NOTE: The numbers that I've used here in the illustration above I've pulled out of thin air.  I have no idea exactly how many random flight plans Traffic 360 generates each time.  I've just used these numbers merely as an example to help make the understanding clear.

robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 5:08am
Perfect!  That's exactly the info I needed.

Thank you!

Rob
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:32pm
Hey, Freddy, you just did your 1,000th post and earned your fifth star! Congratulations, Chief Pilot!

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 2:21am
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

Hey, Freddy, you just did your 1,000th post and earned your fifth star! Congratulations, Chief Pilot!

YAY!  I hadn't even realised!  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic