This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adding new Airport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mungi123 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mungi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding new Airport
    Posted: 19 Feb 2014 at 8:28pm
Yes, I found a way around the SDK. Find the airports .dat file, I think it was called fs10airports.dat and add the airport manually, then open Traffic control centre and update existing and the new airport should be in the traffic control centre database. I figured out that I only needed to put in the ICAO code, coordinates, elevation and one runway and traffic control centre automatically adds the parking and additional runways. Remember always back up original FSX files!
CaptainIFLY View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainIFLY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2014 at 9:04am
sounds like a mundane way of doing things if ya ask me, having to worry about the SDK, would of thought a good knowledgable programmer would of found a way around that issue, that is what programmers do isn't it ???
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 7:36pm
If the procedure in Traffic 360 is essentially the same as the procedure in Traffic X, then the below instructions on how to add a completely new airport to Traffic X, should be of value to Traffic 360 users. I urge Traffic 360 users to read whatever documentation comes with Traffic 360 to ascertain whether the following instructions are applicable to Traffic 360.

Traffic X and Traffic 360 airports are modifications of default FSX airports. Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (KECP), which serves Panama City, Florida, didn't open until May 2010. Therefore, KECP is not on the list of default FSX airports.

HOW TO IMPORT A COMPLETELY NEW AIRPORT INTO TRAFFIC X

1. The FSX SDK must be installed. If the SDK has not been installed, see SDK Installation for guidance on how to properly install the FSX Software Development Kit. I suggest reading the SDK installation instructions thoroughly before beginning installation of the SDK.

2. After installing the FSX SDK, you will see code similar to the following in FSX's dll.xml file:

<Launch.Addon>
        <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
        <Disabled>False</Disabled>
        <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
        <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
    </Launch.Addon>

Be sure to back up the original dll.xml file before making any modifications to the code. It's important that "False" appears where shown in the above code. Initially you will see "<Disabled>True</Disabled>" and you will need to change "True" to "False." Also make sure that the path to traffictoolbox.dll is correct for your system. After assuring that code in the dll.xml file is correct, Traffic Toolbox will be active and will appear on the FSX Tools menu.

On Windows 7, FSX's dll.xml file is located at:

C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

After installing the Traffic Toolbox, here's how to access it:

3. The third step is taken directly from the Traffic X manual. Begin reading at the paragraph that begins "TCC knows all the airports..."

Airport Information

After clicking on the "Import new" button and selecting the file that contains the dumped airport list, there will be a considerable delay before the progress bar appears. Be patient.

Dan

Vecter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2013 at 2:49am
There are 2 tutorials for Traffic X which may help to explain things. I realize your asking about Traffic 360, however there is very little difference between the two except for cosmetic, operationally speaking they are very similar. I had Traffic X and then upgraded to Traffic 360, so check out the two tutorials and then comeback with any further questions you may have. You'll find the tutorials here near the bottom of the page. Copy and paste the link or highlight and right click to open in a new tab.

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic-x#Update1
calspee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calspee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2013 at 3:45pm
Hi and happy to report...after installing the update to Traffic 360...to FSX...there are planes flying all over the place....very pleased....now the question I have is how do I make Traffic 360 recognize a new airport...specifically...KECP in Northwest Florida (USA)...I believe its called Northwest Florida International or something like that....I have the airport installed on FSX...through my "Add on" scenery...but it is not on the list of Traffic 360 airports...so how would I import that airport to Traffic 360??...thanks for any help..also anyone know a simple and easy program to add new flight plans to Traffic 360 which does not involve several thousand steps in order to achieve this??...would like to schedule flights into and out of KECP..once I get Traffic 360 to recognize it..as usual..thanks for all the great help I receive from all of you flight sim wizards out there.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic