Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > MS Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems after installing new FSUIPC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon157uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems after installing new FSUIPC
    Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 9:45pm
Hello guys, can anyone suggest anything please?
Yet again I'm having big trouble trying to get MSF-X to run, this time it started straight after I installed the latest 'fsupic' file from the download link. Ever since then my sim won't start and keeps coming up as unfound, even when I try to start it from Air Hauler I get the same thing. for a damned old game it doesn't half cause me some grief. I may try uninstalling the whole lot and start all over again on a separate hard drive.  
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:17pm
Not sure what's going on here.  You're in a MS Flight forum, and it sounds like you are trying to get AirHauler to run under it. 

What sim are you running; what version of FSUIPC did you install?  What is MSF-X?

John Allard
jon157uk View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon157uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2013 at 10:52pm
Hi allardjd... I'm running FSX with the latest FSUIPC4, I got the message after installing it that everything was found OK and no problem installing but ever since then my sim doesn't start, all I get is an 'encountered a problem and needs to close' message.
I tried to run it through Air Hauler also but still get the same thing.

thanks...

allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:11am
I always get a little nervous when someone says "latest".  4.91?

Is that an FSX error? 

I think it might be worthwhile to take a look at Dowson's support forum at...

John Allard
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2013 at 12:41am
I'm a little out of my depth here.  Can't find any "uninstall" for FSUIPC and no reference to it in my FSX.cfg. 
You might consider one or more of the following...

- A rollback to before installing the new FSUIPC
- Erase or rename FSUIPC4.dll from the <...Microsoft Flight Simulator\Modules> folder
- A new download and re-install of FSUIPC

Sometimes, despite a lot of skepticism, even from me, it does help to turn off your firewall during the download.  I've had that correct a persistent problem once or twice even though thoughts of snake oil or the term "grasping at straws" come to mind when support people suggest this.  I guess it's a measure of how desperate one is.

By the way, I didn't mean to imply that I saw anything at the FSUIPC support forum that might be the answer - I didn't look beyond the site address.  What I meant to say was that you should consider doing a search there or making a post with your problem.  That's where the FSUIPC expert lives.

John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic