This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Correcting 757 Position on SELECT AIRCRAFT Menu
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Correcting 757 Position on SELECT AIRCRAFT Menu

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correcting 757 Position on SELECT AIRCRAFT Menu
    Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 2:05pm
The 757 Freemium should appear after the Boeing 747 and before any Boeing 767 or higher-numbered Boeing aircraft on the FSX SELECT AIRCRAFT menu. However, you may find that this is not the case. To put the Boeing 757 Freemium in its correct position on the menu, go into the aircraft.cfg file, and remove the "B" in the ui_type line of each livery that you have installed. (In the past, I made other changes* to liveries in the aircraft.cfg files of one or two of my other Boeing aircraft models to get all Boeings to appear in proper order on the menu, and you may find that you will have to do the same).

*Although it was a long time ago, to the best of my recollection, the changes I made to the liveries in the aircraft.cfg files of other Boeing models did not involve making changes to the ui_type lines, but, rather, to making changes in other lines, instead. As I say, it was a long time ago, and my recollection could be wrong.

Dan
KDTW flyer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDTW flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2013 at 4:32am
With me the 767 which I got from just flight is at the bottom because the manufacture is not Boeing, but commercial level simulations which places it at the bottom.
KDTW flyer
A player of FSX and many other simulation games
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 6:12am
Hi, KDTW flyer,

I don't own the 767 that you mention, but the procedure that is required to put the 757 into proper position on the menu is unusual. You may find that you can get the 767 into proper position by using the usual method that works for most aircraft:

Simply change each "ui_manufacturer" line in the aircraft.cfg file to read ui_manufacturer="Boeing"

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic