This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few questions for the JF bods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombeckett2285 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few questions for the JF bods
    Posted: 31 Aug 2013 at 11:59am
Well, having had my patience rewarded I managed to pick up the TriStar in your generous £5.00 sale (for half that, thanks to reward points LOL) and have just a couple of queries for the people in charge - Rich or Martyn I guess.

1.) Are there currently any plans to release any further service packs to offer improved AFCS functionality? I would think having somebody with the reputation of Nick Pike on the gauge programming team would mean that features such as Autoland and a pitch-for-speed IAS and MACH mode wouldn't be too much trouble to do. Hell, if the AP panel was in XML not GAU format I could probably do it myself! 

On the actual aircraft modelled, the IAS hold function of the ATS is engaged by selecting the THRUST ATS switch to the up position (there is no pushbutton) - I guess that it has been modelled as the default FS 'Autothrottle Engage'. If this causes a big headache, maybe you could offer the option in the configurator of an 'F-Lite' AFCS (the current iteration) or a 'Professional' AFCS utilising features closer to that of the real panel - all of which should be pretty easy to code (in XML anyway).

2.) The manual and tutorial, although well written and easily comprehensible could do with a tad more information to cater for slightly more serious simmers - such as recommended cruise altitudes based on gross weight, a basic fuel calculation guide (i.e. use xKG per hour for trip plus xxKG holding and 5% reserve etc).

3.) A clickable TO data card on the main panel that offers approximate V1/VR/V2 speeds based on weight, stabiliser trim based on %CG and TO N1 value based on pressure and temperature would be invaluable.

Just my thoughts really, it seems an awful shame to have spent so long on modelling such a great aircraft and missing out little bits of the systems or information that could really make it great!

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic