This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft Sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utd4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft Sound
    Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 5:29pm
Hi guys, love everything about Traffic 360 other than the aircraft sounds which are just way too loud for me.

Is there anyway I can turn these off/disable them or at least turn them down?

Many thanks,

Danny
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2014 at 3:34pm
We have a sound fix available for Traffic 360 (FSX and P3D v1 ONLY) on the support page here: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic360#ac2efff

For anyone experiencing issues with aircraft having no sound, please re-download the update and install it again.
silverbeard21 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbeard21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 2:05pm
I must agree with you on the sound issue. The engine noise from other aircraft is way too loud and high pitched. It sounds like a failing hairdryer - not at all 'real'.  I'm at 38,000ft. I have an aircraft crossing some miles ahead and several thousand feet below me and the noise is deafening - unreal -not even close to reality.
Waiting to enter runway, Aircraft landing - deafening - engines should be at or approaching idle. When it passes the nose of my aircraft, immediate and complete silence until reverse thrust (which is realistic) is engaged.

The sounds need refining. Apart from that it seems to do what I expect.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 3:26am
Has anyone found a fix for this sound volume issue yet? I received an email from Just Flight saying it had been fixed via the last service pack which I installed as soon as it was released. It hasn't fixed mine that's for sure.
Vecter View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vecter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 1:05pm
I totally agree, terrible sounds. I read in this forum that the recent 1.09 patch, was not the end of the refinements but haven't seen anything else here lately about further upgrade's. How about it moderator's anything planned or in the works concerning this issue?

Of possible interest to the original poster Flight1 has add on sound enhancement programs for both jet and small ga that should provide AI sounds as well according to their advertisement. However I don't think it's fair that we should have to pay more to fix a program that still isn't up to spec.
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 1:21am
I'm not sure if the Flight1 sound enhancement program will override the sounds in a program like Traffic 360 or just override the FSX default AI aircraft sounds. It's not clear on their site, unless I missed something....It has been known.Confused

robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 8:46pm
Add my vote for some type of AI Aircraft volume level control setting.

I can't find the WAV files anywhere to try to adjust and force the volume down.
fly60 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fly60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:24am
First time I heard the AI sounds I thought the wifey had dropped her hair dryer in the washing machine and ran downstaires to investigate...silly me it was only an AI trying to take off..

Please fix this issue..I cannot take it any longer..Pinch
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by fly60 fly60 wrote:

First time I heard the AI sounds I thought the wifey had dropped her hair dryer in the washing machine and ran downstaires to investigate...silly me it was only an AI trying to take off..

Please fix this issue..I cannot take it any longer..Pinch

Ditto on the volume control. Hopefully sometime in 2013 but I am not holding me breath
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 6:40pm
I tried to locate the sound files (.wav or something else?), but couldn't find any that are for Traffic 360?  If anyone knows their location, I could modify the file(s) and reduce their output so it wouldn't be so loud and happy to share to with everyone. 

So if someone has located these files please let me know.

Thanks, Rob.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 9:34am
Please remember that any bugs you find need to be reported to the support team via the support form here if not already: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

We can then take down a bug list and pass it on to the developer who can issue a fix for the problem.
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 5:57pm
Already did that and was informed via email that the sound volume issue had been fixed with the last service pack. It has fixed many things, but not the very high sound volume.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 9:28am
We have reported this to the developer again who is currently looking into this. Hopefully in the future we should have a fix for this.
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013 at 6:37pm
Good news! Smile
gsumner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2013 at 7:52pm
Oh Dear,

Just bought and installed. The sound is terrible. Please make it go away before I uninstall it.

Has it been fixed

Regards
Graham
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2013 at 9:28am
It seems to be some issue regarding sound card drivers. Please disable your sound card driver only. You can do this in Control Panel/Device Manager/Sound Video and Games Controllers. Note, to find this, it is best to change your control panel view from 'Category' to 'Large Icons'. If you still have issues after this, please contact our support team here: http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

silverbeard21 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverbeard21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2013 at 6:39pm
Thank's for the tip GeorgeB.
That has improved the quality of the sound, but the volume levels are still a problem. Taxi out on any of the taxiways at HR that are beside the runway and if an aircraft is taking off from the end furthest away from you, it is deafening. And that is before it reaches your position - very unreal. So still some further work with the 'Cone' required. But it is getting there.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2013 at 9:46pm
This is still an issue.
lumat83 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumat83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2013 at 10:46am
Yes, I confirm there is always the problem

Keith H View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2014 at 10:11am
Nothing seems to happening with this sound problem!!!
Phil Bridge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 2:33pm
I don't know if this could help. If you look in:

SimObjects / TrafficX / JFAI-AllAircraft / there are folders starting "sound.", in each of which there are various .wav files and a sound.cfg file.

I don't know whether it's possible for anyone to tweak the file(s) to reduce the volume of the loud 'hairdryer' sound, or even disable it, if indeed the offending sound file is in there?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic