This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft Sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 6:41pm
Bought it, so the download should contain the latest patches... This sound issue is horrible. Did any single developer test this? No sane person can listen to that and think "wow, this is perfect, ready for release. people will love this".

For payware this is absolutely terrible.
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 9:25pm
Agree, I've been checking this forum every day for months expecting a fix for the sound issue. Its a pity as apart from this its a very good program.
gsumner View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsumner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 6:25am
Guys I believe a solution is nearly ready. I had an email a couple of weeks ago saying just this. I was asked if icould beta test it but I declined incase it messed my system up which is quite intricate.

Let's hope it's posted soon, but I too can't believe how long this as gone on for now.

Graham
Regards
Graham
Phil Bridge View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Bridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 12:33pm
That's good news Graham. Yes I tend to agree with one of the earlier posts to some extent. It's great to have so much various software churned out, but only if it's properly tested before releasing it to the paying public. Anyway, we'll wait for another of those patches   
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 3:12pm
Each sound file had to be dismantled and rebuilt, this is partly why it has taken so long to fix. Unfortunately I have not had many people that can beta test this for me, is there anyone on this forum who would like to have a go?
QuantumPilot View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 3:39pm
Sure, I will be happy to test in P3D v2.1 (with Hotfix 1).
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 3:41pm
This is only in FSX as T360 is not compatible with P3D v2. Do you have FSX you could test it on?
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:09pm
I recently uninstalled FSX, but can install it again to test, no problem there. I have T360 working quite nicely in P3D 2.1. Other than the sound issue, the traffic is flowing nicely. Of course I realize that issues I have within P3d 2.1 will be mine and I will not generate support tickets unless it is something I can reproduce in FSX.
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:14pm
People still use FSX? ;) hehe

P3DV2.1 here also, no plans to install FSX again, sorry.

I'm in a holding pattern to see which AI Traffic product comes out first with an officially support version for P3DV2.1. There are better ways and more efficient ways to manage AI Traffic in P3DV2.x ... especially Audio options.

Cheers, Rob.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:20pm
Have to agree with you Rob. Since ORBX and a few other large vendors (including PMDG) got into P3D v2 I decided to call it quits with FSX. It served me good and I will have mixed memories. New scenery and aircraft addons are only considered now if they support P3D 2.1 and later. No P3D, no buy from now on. 

It is amazing how many quality addons one can already install onto P3D with full support. Since I started flying more and tinkering less I got to enjoy simming a lot again.

And you are right, P3D SDK is evolving and the first decent AI addon that fully support it will be on my shopping list.
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:35pm
I'm amazed at what can be accomplished when one builds "for P3DV2.x" rather than just makes it compatible with P3DV2.x. There are many vendors working P3DV2.x products (designed for) that have been able to use very high quality textures with little to no VAS usage and incredible performances. Aerosoft's Thessaloniki is a great example of something design for P3DV2.x, amazing detail, low VAS usage, and fantastic frame rates). REX 4 Texture direct with textures specific to DX11 and P3DV2.x. OpusFSX, FSGRW that now have much more control over weather and how it's presented with volumetric fog and more.

As time moves forward I think we'll see many more P3DV2.x specific products that utilize the platform better and use what it offers vs. just making something compatible with it.

Agree, FSX was great for what it did and I've enjoyed many good years with FSX but going back to FSX made me feel like I was stepping back in time 7 years (graphically speaking) -- oh wait, I was. ;)

It's a great future for flight simulation. I'm sure the AI Traffic developers will catch up, just takes a little time, some reading, some testing, and getting to grips with the P3DV2.1 SDK.

Cheers, Rob.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:45pm
Your point about "designed specifically for P3D v2.1" is well taken. I have to agree on some of your examples from personal experience. OpusFSX has been fantastic. Thessaloniki is one impressive piece of scenery. I want to add iFly's B737 they released for P3D v2. Granted it does not have the full depth of PMDG, but it flies beautifully in P3D.

I do not even mind paying an upgrade fee, or even purchasing (certain) addons again IF they come with more than a mere compatible installer. Those that leverage the new features can justify a fee that I will certainly consider paying.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuantumPilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:46pm
(double post removed)
robains View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 6:04pm
Texture compression is one such area, in FSX one was stuck with BC1 to BC3 DX9 (or for DX10 specific work BC4 and BC5 partial support in FSX) formats.

But for P3DV2.x and DX11 with HDR one should be using BC6H and BC7 texture compression formats.

Of course, it'll take work to reformat all these textures and then recompile into usable entities for P3DV2.x. So there is the justification to charge for a P3DV2.1 "specific" upgrade. So any AI Traffic add-on that is going to utilize the new features of P3DV2.1 could do all aircraft paints/textures using this new supported format (BC6H and BC7) so the AI aircraft look amazing under HDR without any noticeable hit to fps or VAS.

I know a lot of people are complaining about P3DV2.x compatibility, but the reality is that DX11 and P3DV2.x bring A LOT more to the table and 3rd party vendors can leverage that -- and those that do will see the benefits of their efforts. Those that don't leverage what P3DV2.x offers are going to see high VAS usage and lower fps in P3DV2.x.

Cheers, Rob.
Georgeb View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Georgeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2014 at 10:15am
We will look at making T360 P3D v2 compatible when the sounds are updated, nothing confirmed yet though.
Bradburger View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradburger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2014 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Phil Bridge Phil Bridge wrote:

I don't know if this could help. If you look in:

SimObjects / TrafficX / JFAI-AllAircraft / there are folders starting "sound.", in each of which there are various .wav files and a sound.cfg file.

I don't know whether it's possible for anyone to tweak the file(s) to reduce the volume of the loud 'hairdryer' sound, or even disable it, if indeed the offending sound file is in there?

Well, I bought Traffic 360 a while back when it was on sale, but only installed this past weekend.

Anyway, I had heard the sounds where loud, but I was surprised to hear just how load they were, as I could actually hear an Airbus going into Gatwick well above my own cockpit engine sound! 

(I was under the impression the update fixed the sound issue, and was included with the download version if bought after 25/9/13 which I did).

Anyway, I finally tracked down the folder the sounds are in (the AI only ones are not actually in the SimObjects / TrafficX / JFAI-AllAircraft/ folder), and so far have uncompressed the cab file for the A321, and made some modifications to the sound.cfg.

I've recompiled it back as a cab (for a smaller file size), but have yet to test it in FSX.

We'll see how it goes!

Cheers

Paul

Ben3083 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben3083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2014 at 9:12pm
I wouldn't mind beta testing it for you if you still require someone. Even though Traffic 360 was very good I removed off my system till the sound issue was fixed as it was pretty poor and deafening when i had my headset on. Big smile
toriu View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toriu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2014 at 4:00am
Paul, any update on this?
twisted-biscuit View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisted-biscuit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 12:01pm
Hi guys,

Love the mod, but the engine sound issue is absolutely killing immersion for me. Just wondering if there have been any furtherance's on this? Is there even a way to manually override the sounds until the issue is addressed?
Ben3083 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben3083 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 6:24pm
I beta tested the new sound files for them and they are 100% better, really impressed with what they have done. Sure the update cant be far away. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic