This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Civilian planes at Military Bases

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Civilian planes at Military Bases
    Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 8:07pm
Hi All,
How do I prevent, stop civilian flights/airplanesfrom  using military air bases??
I have UK air bases i.e.Raf Conningby which I use Maiw AI and don't want any civilian Aircraft operating from there!

Regards
David
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 1:03am
I own Traffic X rather than Traffic 360, but the method I used to remove civilian traffic from military bases in Traffic X may work in Traffic 360.

1. The first thing to do would be to make a list of the ICAO codes of military bases from which you wish to remove civilian traffic.

2. Assuming Traffic 360 has flight plans that are contained in files with tcc file extensions, make a backup of the tcc file that contains VFR flight plans for Great Britain.

3. In a good text editor, open the tcc file for VFR flight plans for Great Britain. Use "find" to search for each military base ICAO code, one by one. Delete lines in the tcc file that contain any flights to or from the ICAO code for the military base. Repeat the process for the ICAO code of each military base.

4. Edit the file to remove blank lines that were created when lines were deleted.

5. Save the file.

6. Run the compiler.

If the above process doesn't remove all of the VFR flights to a military base, then there may be VFR flights that are coming to the base from a neighboring country. Search for the military ICAO codes on your list in the VFR flight plan tcc files of each neighboring country.

In addition to VFR traffic, there may be commercial airline IFR flights that are going to your military bases. Observe and make a list of each airline that is flying to a specific military base. For each airline, make a backup of the airline's flight plan tcc file, then open the flight plan tcc file in a text editor, and use "find" to identify and remove lines containing flight plans to your military base.

That's how I removed civilian traffic from military bases in Traffic X. I don't know if it's possible to use the above process (or, perhaps, a similar process) in Traffic 360. You'll have to decide for yourself...or wait for a response from someone who has removed civilian traffic from military bases in Traffic 360.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic