This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-3 Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DC 3 cockpit windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnijet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DC 3 cockpit windows
    Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 10:38pm
Does anyone know why JF chose not to allow side windows to open as in real life?  Or how about parking the w/s wipers properly in a flat position.  Or how about cylinder head temps always too high regardless of open cowl flaps.  Or why you can't see the ball in the turn/bank indicator.  I fixed the sound with the Aaron Swindel add-on, but is there a fix for these other problems?  Who did the Beta testing anyway?  I don't think they ever flew a DC-3.
Aussie157 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 5:58am
Have you downloaded the Expansion Pack and Service Pack 1?
Cheers
Pat

Some people appear positively brilliant. Then they open their mouth to speak.
omnijet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnijet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 11:51am
Thanks Aussie157
I have the Expansion Pack but I have not downloaded SP1 for fear of loosing the Aaron Swindel sound pack for DC3 that I added since it may over-write it with the Sonic Solutions.  I prefer the Songbird sound.  Will the SP1 open the side windows, lay the wipers flat, correct the inaccurate Wright cowling or wipe out my current add-on sound?
Aussie157 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 5:57am
Make a copy of your aircraft sound folder and move it out of FSX/P3D and if required move it back after installing the service packs.
Cheers
Pat

omnijet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omnijet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 11:54am
I installed the DC3 Service Pack and, sure enough, the sound was over-written by Sonic Solutions.  Aaron Swindle worked with me on Teamviewer for about an hour and all we could do is get his cockpit sounds working.  No exterior sounds.  JF said uninstall and reinstall DC3 and SP then add Skysong Sound which I did and still can't get the Skysong sound working again.  We just could not determine which airplane model is home to the various sounds.  What is the FSX/PD3?  That could be a starter for me.
The Skysong pack is so much superior to the Sonic Solutions that I don't feel like flying the DC3 any more.  SS cockpit sounds like a bucket of bolts lacking the growl of the Pratts heard in the cockpit at takeoff and diminish as the prop tip vortices drop at RPM and power reduction.
Aussie157 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2013 at 11:58pm
FSX/P3D is Microsoft Flight Simulator X and P3D is the Lockheed Martin Prepar3D. P3D is actually a much improved version of FSX.
Cheers
Pat

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic