This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

External pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: External pics
    Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 4:05pm
The real aircraft the simulation is based on:

mike H View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2013 at 11:40pm
Looking great guy's so does the Canberra Thumbs Up
regards Mike
In my eyes to Fly is more than Just Loving it.

It is a Passion we can all now Share within Flight Sim.

When in Doubt, Always go Around.

Regards mike H
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 10:22am
Here is a new shot which shows the bump and specular mapping:

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Paul Golding View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 2:08pm
Not sure why, but since I was a kid I've always loved the Canberra.......even though the Airfix kit needed weight added to the nose to make it sit on the gear properly.

As this is the PR version, have you thought about adding some missions to give the product a nice finished feel?

Also, how will it be navigated?

Does look good so far though!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 2:21pm
Hi Paul,

The version being modelled is the XH134 (in it's current configuration). That was modified for action in Afghanistan so it has a modern GPS + Radio system in where the old radio unit used to live. It no longer carries a navigator so the GPS should be ample (the autopilot has also been disabled but that seems like too much of a cheat to leave out so it will include a fully-functioning AP system). 
It also has the new electronic start system in place of the cartridges. However, I'd imagine people would like to see it coughing out great billows of smoke during start-up so I dare say we will try to accommodate both methods.
Missions are a good idea.

Have you seen what they did to it last week?

I prefer the hemp myself.
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 2:53pm
Well I guess it's nice and shiny Cry   Hope you go it well photographed before the old paint was stripped!

Good idea on both the AP and the starter.  With old aircraft like this (and the 727, which I know much, much more about), you can almost do anything you like - just because someone in the last 50 odd years must have already.  But basing it on one that you have access to is good idea because it helps stop the rivet counter/detail critics.

Any plans on other models?  As you've gone for this Americanized B-57 style cockpit (not your choice, that's how the plane you have access to is), I imagine doing a proper EE cockpit is a big job and not likely to happen - but a shorter nose model would make the B-57's do-able.

Having said that, I think the effort would be better spent on adding usability and reasons to fly the PR-9......photographic missions would do the trick.

Edit:  No idea why I thought the PR-9 looked like a B-57......just had a look and they all seem to have a tandem cockpit along the centre, as opposed to the PR-9 single seat and offset cockpit.  Trick of the memory I guess!
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2013 at 7:08pm
Rich, what do you mean by 'I prefer the hemp myself'?

Seriously, it's a good looker, it's on my list.
Must Fly!
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by hifly hifly wrote:

Rich, what do you mean by 'I prefer the hemp myself'?

Seriously, it's a good looker, it's on my list.

Hemp is the name of the colour used recently on aircraft serving in places like Iraq and Afghanistan and is certainly better looking than the new silver paint job that's just been applied.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 6:37pm
Hemp is also another name for a cannabis plant.Shocked 

I prefer the silver and considering it is difficult to render is FSX it looks well done. Maybe there will be more paintjobs.
Must Fly!
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Golding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 6:53pm
The silver in pic above looks well done.....because it's a photo of the new paint job on the real thing.
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2013 at 7:13pm
Embarrassed Doh! I should have gone to Spec Savers. Cool 
Must Fly!
Paschal-Lamb View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paschal-Lamb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2013 at 1:33pm
I have to say I am gagging for this aircraft!

Will it be available before Christmas? Approve

welldo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2013 at 3:10pm
Saw some of the work being done whist at Cosford last week. Very impressive, these projects become a labour of love. Looking at the intakes, I get the impression that they aren't quite as sharp as the real thing. The picture of the "glossy" job posted by Rich above seems to make the point (to my eye). Perhaps it's the way I have always seen these wonderful craft, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Good luck with the launch.
zipper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 11:33am
Hi Rich,
Really looking forward to this one.
All the best,
Ashley
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2013 at 12:02pm
Hope you enjoy this one. Just making some final checks before stowing it for Xmas Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic