This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Installation sequence

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fukushusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installation sequence
    Posted: 29 Jul 2013 at 11:24pm
Hi all

I have installed Traffic 2005 (Boxed Edition) into FSX. In the box says compatible with both FS9 and FSX, so I assume that I don't need install FSX Update, right? so...

I instal in this order:

1. Livery Update Patch
2. MAS Air Cargo Livery Fix
3. Thomson Livery Fix
4. Service Pack for Traffic 2005 installed into FSX
5. Traffic 2005 Service Pack 2

Is correct this sequence?

Thank you very much

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 11:30pm
I am currently using Traffic X, but, before that, I was using Traffic 2005 with FSX.

Yes, you do need to install the FSX Update.  The following information is from the Traffic 2005 Support Page (here: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic-2005-boxed-only#Update2).

Note that this link will take you to the specific information on installing Traffic 2005 with the Update, but you should feel free to SCROLL up and down to see other useful information about Traffic 2005.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 - Installing Traffic 2005

This update requires that you already have installed Traffic 2005 into FSX.

Install Traffic 2005.

The installer will try to detect the destination folder for the installation and the next Window will show the install folder.

This folder at the moment is your FS9 folder (if you have FS9 installed). In case you don't have FS9 installed you will get a message telling you that Flight Simulator has not been found.

In both cases click the "Browse" button and browse your hard disk for the FSX folder. When having chosen a default installation of FSX this will be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

Select the folder, click OK, the above window will appear again, this time with the updated destination folder showing.

Click "Next" - the installation will start.

Step 2 - Installing the Update

Download Traffic2005FSXupdate.exe to a temporary location on your hard drive.

Locate the file and double mouse click on it to start the update. Follow the on screen instructions.

During this process you might get a message telling you that the livery update has not been found installed and the installer will shut down.

In this case please download and install the livery update:
http://updates.justflight.info/jf/Traffic2005/Traffic2005_Liveries.exe
or from the Just Flight website Support page for Traffic 2005. When the livery update has installed correctly please return to step 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As for the rest, I don't think it matters what order you install those.  But, if it was me, I think I would install BOTH of the Service Packs first.  Then install the MAS Air Cargo Livery Fix and the Thompson Livery Fix after that.  (And then the Livery Update after that if it was not already done as per the instructions above.)  That's the order that I think I would do it in.  But, because I am not running Traffic 2005 and haven't done it for a while, I am, to be honest, not really sure of the correct order. But I would be confident the Service Packs should both probably go first.

Good luck.  I hope you get it working.  Traffic 2005 was a fantastic product.  I was extremely happy with it.  I changed only when the newer Traffic X came out.  And now there is Traffic 360 (which I have not yet purchased).

Fukushusha View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fukushusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 3:15pm
Thank you very much freddy Thumbs Up
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 11:46pm
Not a problem. Happy to help.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic