This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic X Dash 8 No Lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

Thanks for detailing what you have been doing. That's very interesting and certainly worth knowing. Out of curiosity, I made a backup of my Schedules.dat file. Then, without making any changes to my Traffic X flight plans, I did a new compile using the TCC. I used TextPad to compare the backed-up Schedules.dat file with the newly-generated Schedules.dat file. Both the original file and the new file contained 428,191 lines, but there were 45,505 lines in the new file that were different. I'm wondering if the fact that both files contained the same number of lines had anything to do with my having "0" at the end of each line in my Aircraft.tcc file, or would everyone get the same number of lines in backed-up and newly-compiled Schedules.dat files if they were to recompile without making any changes to flight plans?

That's a simple question to answer ...

(Note: For people who are unaware, "Schedules.dat" can be opened in a text editor, which may be helpful to aid understanding of what I am talking about below.)

With every (Traffic X) compile, a brand new "Schedules.dat" file is created (other files are also newly created, but for the purposes of this discussion I will not go in to those details).  However, if you have not added any new flight plans, or not added/removed any legs to/from any of the existing flight plans, then the only thing that changes in the "Schedules.dat" file is the FLIGHT NUMBER and the RANDOMLY GENERATED AI TRAFFIC PERCENTAGE number for each flight in the file.  In other words, if you make no flight plan changes, then the newly created "Schedules.dat" will indeed contain the same number of lines, every time.  But, if you DO decide to ADD a new flight plan, or ADD/REMOVE LEGS to/from an existing flight plan, and then do a compile, you WILL get lines added (or removed) in the "Schedules.dat" file.

This web page here explains the compile process (and contains information about the format of the "Schedules.dat file"): http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526965.aspx

An example flight as it would be shown in "Schedules.dat" :

DH8A-1,N681UA,66,FOUR_HOURS,IFR  <== It is THIS line that changes with each (Traffic X) compile.
{
0130,KSEA,240,5220
0330,KEUG,230,5221
}

(The details shown in RED are the flight number [which usually does change with each (Traffic X) compile, but sometimes it doesn't], and the randomly generated AI traffic percentage number [which DOES change EVERY TIME with each (Traffic X) compile]).

Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013 at 6:59am
Thanks, Freddy. Much appreciated.
Lawgiver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 7:32pm
Well...........I have just added more notes to my  Freddy/Dan  file.  This is very interesting.  I too have never adjusted my sliders either for FSX or Traffic X when dealing with AI traffic.   After I got them to where I like them, I just left the sliders alone compiling with the TCC if I made any changes.

I am going to give editing the Aircraft.tcc a try.  Replacing with "0" and see what I get after making the appropriate backups.  Curiosity is getting the better of me.  Smile

On a side note, I picked up the A2A lights.  I had no idea the things you can do with this little piece of software.  I thought they were just replacement lights.  I have spent the past several days tinkering with the all the options.

Freddy thanks for the explanation of the Airline Carrier Codes section.  That thing was a complete mystery to me.  I am basically doing the same thing with AIFP adding new carriers and routes.

Regards,
Rob
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 5:00am
Careful Rob ... you'll become an "expert" if you learn/understand too many things.   Smile
Lawgiver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lawgiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 4:14am
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

Careful Rob ... you'll become an "expert" if you learn/understand too many things.   Smile

LOL...Thanks Freddy.  I am looking forward to receiving my "Expert" FSX Id card in the mail.  Big smile

Regards,
Rob
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 10:53am

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic