This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > 757 Jetliner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Don`t Sink

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Don`t Sink
    Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 1:36pm
Hi,

Every time I perform an autoland I hear a Don`t Sink warning when I have the runway in sight. Is this normal?

Thanks,

Niels
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2013 at 8:41pm
Hi Niels. Do you mean the Freemium 757? If so I'm not sure what you mean by autoland, this model does not have an automatic landing system. If you are on an ILS approach and you get the Don't Sink callout you are descending too rapidly. Have you checked you approach speed/rate of descent?
Must Fly!
phnl View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phnl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 12:04am
The best approach speed for B-757 Freemium is 142-144 knots.
Aircraft has great performance and rate of descent ( 600-800 fpm ).
Using this speed and rate of descent will prevent ( DON'T SINK ) warning. Use FULL FLAPS for approach.
However, FSX doesn't have correct ILS for all airports and RWYs, You can keep correct approach speed but 1000ft above ground ILS force you to dive steep, ( around 1000 fpm ) and ( DON'T SINK )warning start working. This is normal for FSX, this is not the aircraft defect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic