Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > MS Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX
    Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 8:19pm
Anybody know why I'm just starting to the the following message' FSX is out of memory' restart FSX. I can't believe this as I have jut put in 16GB ram, upgraded my graphic card to 2GB geforce 640. Any-one had the same issue ?
Confused
jmitch
Windows 10 Pro, Z97 Gaming 3 Mother Board, Intel i54690K, 32MB Ram, GeForce G970, 3x3Gb Hd’s, Saitek Yoke Sys with pedals & panels, Saitek X-52 Pro
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 8:58pm
FSX is a 32 bit application, so it can't use any more than 2Gb regardless of how much RAM you have in your machine.

Are you running Windows 64 bit? If not, then the OS is also only using 2-3gb which will be using up a ton of the available memory.

You can modify the amount of memory which FSX has access to using BCDEdit, if you Google that with FSX, there'll be topics on how to do that.

If you have many add-on aircraft, and scenery, it may be that FSX can't cope loading all the aircraft and scenery in together, so the only solution would be to un-install some of them.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
jmitch1947 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 9:06pm
Hi Slopey,
I am running 64 bit, I also have many add-on aircraft, so running 64 bit do I still need modify the memory in FSX
jmitch
Windows 10 Pro, Z97 Gaming 3 Mother Board, Intel i54690K, 32MB Ram, GeForce G970, 3x3Gb Hd’s, Saitek Yoke Sys with pedals & panels, Saitek X-52 Pro
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 9:19pm
See: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/358481-out-of-memory-error/

There's also a high memory fix you can apply to the FSX.cfg, i.e.
[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Although the BCDEdit may not do anything officially on 64 bit systems, some people report that it does help.

But also bear in mind there may well be a limit to how many add-ons you can put in FSX - some of the latest next gen aircraft are quite memory intensive, and if you have loads of them, it may be you're just asking to much of FSX to get them all loaded.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
jmitch1947 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmitch1947 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2013 at 9:35pm
I'll give that a try first, thank you for the info
jmitch
flawlesspaul View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flawlesspaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2014 at 11:48pm
Will Microsoft ever revisit MSFSX?
fpp
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014 at 12:25am
Quote Will Microsoft ever revisit MSFSX?

Everything they've said in the recent past indicates they will not, but they could have a change of heart in the future - anything's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Lockheed-Martin's P3D looks to be the way forward from here. It originates from MS code and is under active development. The academic version is about $60 USD and it's already considerably improved from FSX. Most FSX add-ons work with it, either directly or with a little bit of tweaking. Most default, freeware and payware AC work with it.
John Allard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic