This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update for 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 10:15pm
My thinking is that Traffic 360 owners and prospective owners should be glad that Just Flight is taking the time to develop a service pack.

Companies don't stop selling a product because an update or service pack for the product is in the works. FSX, itself, had two service packs. Surely, Microsoft would have been doing a disservice to those who wanted to purchase FSX if it had stopped selling FSX while it worked on the service packs.

What if withdrawing a software product from market while working on an update or service pack became the new norm? Be careful what you wish for!

We're not talking about the justifiable grounding of a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor or Boeing 787 Dreamliner over safety concerns, here. We're talking about simulation software. There's a difference.

Dan
keeprighton1974 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeprighton1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 12:24am
Dan, please purchase T360 with your hard-earned money, then come back on here and tell us that we should be ever-so-grateful.

T360 is broken. Not just a little buggy, but broken. They know it's broken, but I have never seen the word 'sorry' when they occasionally post something here.
I purchased T360 after seeing it on their stand at FSWeekend last November. As you can see on this forum they fobbed us off with news of a Service Pack in January. it is now August.

They are a bunch of fly-by-nights who release tatty products.

This is my last visit to this "forum" in hope of getting news of a Service Pack.

I now look forward to the next FSWeekend where I will be giving my opinions in English and Dutch to anyone browsing their stall

Good luck to you all.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 3:24am
Originally posted by quick quick wrote:

Freddy...I wasn't referring to you of ill-intention regarding "thats not very nice" I was referring to the continued selling of TF360 in its current state. I totally agree with your statement. Sorry .... I should have made myself clearer.

Ahhh.  I do see now.  Yes, I misread your wording.  No need for you to apologise though.

Despite misreading your words and intended meaning, I still stand by what I wrote. I don't think it is right of Just Flight to be selling a "broken" product to "unsuspecting" customers.

Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

My thinking is that Traffic 360 owners and prospective owners should be glad that Just Flight is taking the time to develop a service pack.

Companies don't stop selling a product because an update or service pack for the product is in the works. FSX, itself, had two service packs. Surely, Microsoft would have been doing a disservice to those who wanted to purchase FSX if it had stopped selling FSX while it worked on the service packs.

What if withdrawing a software product from market while working on an update or service pack became the new norm? Be careful what you wish for!

We're not talking about the justifiable grounding of a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor or Boeing 787 Dreamliner over safety concerns, here. We're talking about simulation software. There's a difference.

I agree that companies should not stop selling products whenever an update is in the works.  I wasn't suggesting that Just Flight should stop selling the product ... no ... rather, they should provide a "heads up" on web pages where it can be purchased stating that they have been made aware of some issues which may (do?) prevent the product from working correctly, but they are working on correcting those issues.  In other words, potential customers can certainly still purchase the product, but they do so fully informed that the product may not completely work as advertised, but a fix is in the works.

It's the age of the Internet, and nearly all companies these days have web pages.  I am sure it isn't so hard to put a note on their own Just Flight web page (and forum), and details or a link on other web pages where the product is for sale.  And, considering the delay for the fix (for whatever reason), it surely isn't so hard to post regular updates on their own Just Flight web page (and forum) of the progress of said Service Pack.  Just Flight have done very little (near on nothing) along these lines.

Yes, by all means, continue to sell the product.  But, also keep potential new customers and existing customers in the loop and informed. Boeing did exactly that regarding their Dreamliner.  It's about good will, confidence in your product, and it just makes good business sense.
regular guy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regular guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2013 at 12:35pm
Having bought this product as a download only a couple of months back I haven't experienced the same protracted frustrations as some other users. Nontheless, its clear I should have visited this forum before making the purchase because I was totally unaware that there are serious issues with it amongst which are the fact its a traffic program that doesn't produce traffic, kinda fundamental!
Just Flight are exhibiting at the Flight Sim 2013 event at the RAF Museum Cosford in October. As I work at Cosford I will definately be paying the show and that particular stall a visit, expecially if the blessed thing still isn't working!
Lampoil View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lampoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 5:14pm
Hi All,

Is this the update we have all been waiting for: http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/traffic360#Update1

LO
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2013 at 8:44pm
Hi,

I have updated the announcement thread at the top of this forum, with details of the v1.09 update http://forum.justflight.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=20358&title=traffic-360-service-pack-version-109-aug-2013

I do not know if this will solve all of the issues you have been experiencing, but would appreciate it if you could install the update and if you continue to have problems then please contact our support team via the contact form, as detailed in that forum post.

We're sorry that this update has taken as long as it has, and if there are further issues (which we accept there may well be) then we'll look at what can be done based on what gets reported via support. Traffic 360 has largely proven popular and a large number of users haven't experienced major problems, but I can see there are a few people who have, and we are of course wanting to get it working for you specifically as best we can. Spending so long fixing it has however impacted on other new releases (which is fine) but that does mean where we would have had resources (staff/money) focussed elsewhere it has had to be on Traffic 360 instead, and this has continued for a number of months - I hope you can understand that we are still very much dedicated to Traffic 360, as we have been with our previous Traffic add-ons.

Thanks,

Simon
Just Flight & Just Trains
http://www.justflight.com
http://www.justtrains.net
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regular guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2013 at 7:56pm
Well, I eagerly downloaded and installed the update and went to check out Bristol. OK, great its no longer Easy Jets' parking lot as there are other airlines now parked up. After a few minutes things start to move, wayhay this is whats supposed to happen :)
But, uh ohh. Aircraft taxying with doors open? GA traffic doubled up, two planes in the place of one? Aircraft floating above the tarmac?
Issues duly reported but not hopeful of a quick fix. Will try and find another traffic program. 
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 5:14am
Originally posted by regular guy regular guy wrote:

Well, I eagerly downloaded and installed the update and went to check out Bristol. OK, great its no longer Easy Jets' parking lot as there are other airlines now parked up. After a few minutes things start to move, wayhay this is whats supposed to happen :) But, uh ohh. Aircraft taxying with doors open? GA traffic doubled up, two planes in the place of one? Aircraft floating above the tarmac? Issues duly reported but not hopeful of a quick fix. Will try and find another traffic program. 

Doubled up traffic, aircraft floating above the tarmac ... those kinds of issues can be caused by having two AFCADs (airport files) loading at the same time. If you have another UK scenery package, or specific Bristol airport scenery that you have purchased, then you should be sure to remove/disable one of those, or change the loading order (via the FSX Scenery Library menus) as this could be the cause of what you describe.

A good test would be to go to another airport, in ANOTHER PART OF THE WORLD (USA, Africa, South America, Australia, etc) where you can be sure that you do not have another scenery package or airport AFCAD file that might be loading in over the top of an existing one.  If you still see doubled up traffic and/or aircraft floating above the tarmac, then, yes, it could be a Traffic 360 related issue.

That said, the taxiing with doors open thing would more than likely be a Traffic 360 issue.

You may also consider setting your FSX sliders down a little (in case your FSX is feeling a bit task saturated which may thus be causing the floating planes).

quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Soaranden Soaranden wrote:

I don't think anyone said they were not glad about the service pack.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2013 at 3:34pm

Aircraft taxying with doors open?

I have not had the time to install the update yet but if the doors open problem is still present it tells me one thing: Don't fly firstclass on a JF AI aircraft.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regular guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2013 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by quick quick wrote:

Aircraft taxying with doors open?

I have not had the time to install the update yet but if the doors open problem is still present it tells me one thing: Don't fly firstclass on a JF AI aircraft.

Well I notified JF I was having this problem and they advised I completely uninstall the whole package and then re-install it with the SP. And it worked!
Still a couple of glitches like the nose u/c on the Fly Be Dash 8 retracting as you switch into the view of the aircraft from the ai traffic menu in FSX, but I guess thats a small glitch I can live with.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2013 at 3:46pm

Well I notified JF I was having this problem and they advised I completely uninstall the whole package and then re-install it with the SP. And it worked

Thats good to know!
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 4:55pm
Well brace yourselves!
I've had the SP running for a few days now, flying out of many airports in UK, USA and Europe, and I must say that on balance T360 is now working very nicely for me.

I am running Traffic, Airline and GA, at about 60%, and at that I now have plenty of parking slots available everywhere, and a nice balance of movements in most places. Tha AI aircraft look good and move smoothly, the sounds are now pretty good, and there is that nice sense of business happening without crippling my hard-worked 'puter. I can't vouch for the accuracy or currency of airline liveries, but they all look appropriate to where I'm at. I did think there was a dearth of B747s, but then watched a lovely -200 Cargo taxy and take off from San Fran.

Ok, there are still a few anomalies - there are open doors/airstairs/rear baggage holds specifically on Jetstream 41s and Saab S2000s, and I might identify those to JF Support in case there is an easy fix, but for the rest of it I think Simon (and Co?) deserve our thanks for spending so much time making the thing work. My FSX is now that much more enjoyable, and if you want a bit more realism at your airports try adding Helitraffic 2009.
Dave H
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 4:59pm
as a PS to the one above, I did try the uninstall/reinstall that worked for regular guy, but it made no difference for me.
Dave H
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 5:30pm
Keep reporting any bugs, especially open doors and things like that and we will get them fixed.
I purposely called the update 1.09 instead of 1.1 as we have every intention on carrying on with the work on the service pack.
In fact, there are a few more bits and pieces still currently being worked on fron prior to the service pack release. Ideally we would have waited until these were finished before releasing, but due to a combination of people's annual leave and honeymoons all overlapping causing work to pretty much stop for a little while, and the amount of stick we had been copping on this thread we made the decision to release the current build. I will get back to the Traffic Control Centre re-writes when I get back from holiday tomorrow and our modellers will carry on fixing open door bugs as reports come in.
diceflo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diceflo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2013 at 8:30pm
How the heck do we install it. I downloaded it and "installed" it and everything looked fine. But I don't see anywhere the indicates I have the update. The traffic center schedules look the same and everything looks the same as well. Do I have to uninstall everything then start over with the update?. I hope not, because I have modified a lot of afcads and stuff like that. There is also no english manual, that would be a big help, thanks
SlapTjip View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlapTjip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2013 at 10:53am
I have a major AI reduction at airports Ermm but O well, atleast the few there ACTUALLY fly now Thumbs Up

Everything seems to be ok.

Only thing I did pick up was a Boeing 777 who taxi'd behind me @ FAJS was a QUATAR however ATC addressed the bird as QUANTAS Thumbs Down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic