This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update for 360

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2013 at 1:52am
Originally posted by quick quick wrote:

YIKES!!    Sorry about that Freddy.

No harm, no foul. It's all good.
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2013 at 6:04pm
I'm a bit late to join this - I'd given up reading Traffic 360 stuff and was just waiting for the SP, but wow! ... thanks for the Heli 2009 info. It's absolutely brilliant, and I'm only using it's random traffic generation, but adding my own helispots.
Soarenden's hint about AI traffic being unable to use elevated hardened pads may mislead others .... and I may have misunderstood, but ... I created a helispot on one of the hotel rooftop pads in my Hong Kong/Kai Tak add on scenery and various helicopters from my motley fleet land on it beautifully. I usually change the default approach angle of 15 degrees to 5 degrees and that looks pretty realistic.
Brilliant program tho', so thank y'all for the heads up.
Dave H
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 12:44am
Originally posted by Deltahotel Deltahotel wrote:

Soarenden's hint about AI traffic being unable to use elevated hardened pads may mislead others .... and I may have misunderstood, but ... I created a helispot on one of the hotel rooftop pads in my Hong Kong/Kai Tak add on scenery and various helicopters from my motley fleet land on it beautifully.

Thanks for correcting my memory, Dave. I've removed my earlier statement.

Dan
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2013 at 2:00pm
Welcome to HeliTraffic 2009 Dave.

I really only use the random traffic too. That suits my needs perfectly. Add just one or two custom flight plans, and a few additional heli spots as required, and I am more than happy.

It truly is a great program. Enjoy!
Blackrat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 9:06pm
Back on topic

Any news of a Traffic360 service pack to make it usable?
Jetstream1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jetstream1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Blackrat Blackrat wrote:

Back on topicAny news of a Traffic360 service pack to make it usable?

An almighty +1.
keeprighton1974 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeprighton1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2013 at 11:13pm
Progress on the Service Pack was delayed due to the Beta Tester's cat having the squits.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2013 at 6:26am
Originally posted by keeprighton1974 keeprighton1974 wrote:

Progress on the Service Pack was delayed due to the Beta Tester's cat having the squits.

give it some catnip and get that sp rolled out already
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 11:11am
Beta testing of the service pack is coming to an end so we'll have more news very soon.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2013 at 9:56am
OK. Will someone explain to me why I should upgrade to 360 from ordinary TrafficX. What are the 'wow' factors which differentiate 360 from X?
johnep
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 2:22am
Thanks for the update Martyn.
Blackrat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2013 at 8:21pm
Thank you Martyn, good to know.
keeprighton1974 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keeprighton1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Beta testing of the service pack is coming to an end so we'll have more news very soon.

Thanks
Martyn

Have a lovely Christmas. x
Blackrat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2013 at 7:03pm

Thanks
Martyn

When you say 'very soon' what sort of time frame are we looking at?

Days
Weeks
Months

or are we moving into geological periods.

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 12:13am
ROFL ... just, well, ROFL.

Perhaps there's a hint is in the product's name: "Traffic 360"?

You know, as someone who decided to hold off on purchasing Traffic 360 and is therefore still running Traffic X, I really do sympathise with you guys.  The situation where, straight out of the box, the product did not appear to work correctly as advertised was bad enough.  Then the announcement of a Service Pack (yay, they're going to fix it), only to be followed by this absolutely ridiculous delay.  At the very least, if there are indeed valid reasons for a delay, then surely it wouldn't hurt to post reasonably regular updates about that on their web page and in this forum to keep folks up to date, to let people know that work is still progressing, and to maintain customer confidence and faith.  Instead there's just nothing.  It's certainly not a great way to be treating paying customers.

Sidenote:
What's even scarier is the product is still actively being marketed and is still for sale ...

ranger View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 9:25pm
Hi Guys

I think most of the reported problems have been fixed, certainly all of those I was aware of had been corrected, There were a few issues with the TCC which may be taking some time to fix, I found a number of AFCAD faults which were significant, It takes a long time to check all AFCADs I was only able to try some of the ones I use regularly. I corrected the faults in those, however I realised that it was going to take too long to check all major airports and decided that I could upload any that I find and correct on the support pages. I expect others will find Faulty AFCADs so I will watch for them and help if I can. I was amazed to find London Heathrow was trying to work with only one runway active, as a UK resident I can't believe I haven't seen any comments about that. One hold short node too far from runway 09L so nothing was leaving!.  Gatwick also was clogging very quickly because landing traffic has to cross traffic taxiing for take off, I managed to modify the AFCAD to fix this and in later tests seemed to be effective. I am sure there will be many more of these problems to fix but it should not affect the release of the patch.
Mike
Claim to fame. Flew in the Meteor T7 when it was RAF frontline fighter in the early 1950's
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Blackrat Blackrat wrote:

Thanks
Martyn

When you say 'very soon' what sort of time frame are we looking at?

Days
Weeks
Months

or are we moving into geological periods.

Traffic 2014?
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by freddy freddy wrote:

What's even scarier is the product is still actively being marketed and is still for sale ...

Thats not very nice.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 12:09am
Originally posted by quick quick wrote:

Thats not very nice.

There was no ill-intentions with that statement.  I just don't think it is (morally) right to be offering a (potentially) faulty product to "unsuspecting" purchasers, and taking their money ... unless a note or statement is provided advising that some customers have been experiencing some issues and that those issues are currently being looked in to and a Service Pack is expected.

Point being that I would hate to be an unsuspecting customer, parting with my hard-earned money, only to discover the product does not work at all as advertised, AND that this was known to be the case before I had made my purchase.  This is different from if the product did work out of the box, and had a few issues here and there, as per most products these days ... but it seems to me that this product does not appear to work at all, period, for many (all?) people.

Now, that said, I also realise that it is not possible to offer such a note on, say, boxed versions which are already on shelves in retail outlets.  But, the fact remains that most people these days would be purchasing such a product based on seeing it for sale on a web page somewhere (the Flight Sim Pilot Shop for example, or PC-Aviator as another example).  And, those web pages could carry such a note. As a duty of care to customers, Just Flight can alert those web-based retailers and provide a note, in their own words, that could be placed on the web pages advising potential customers that the product may not initially function in the way it is intended and that a Service Pack is expected which will address this.  (And, of course, a note on their own web page.)  As a point in case, I've just gone to Flightsim.com and saw a scrolling banner advising that Rex has announced several Service Packs.

The fact remains that the product is still being sold, Just Flight are still earning money from it, but no such alert or note is to be seen anywhere.  I would be quite a disgruntled and unhappy customer if it were me.
quick View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 5:52pm
Freddy...I wasn't referring to you of ill-intention regarding "thats not very nice" I was referring to the continued selling of TF360 in its current state. I totally agree with your statement. Sorry .... I should have made myself clearer.

You're one of the most active, most helpful users at this forum. I do appreciate your advice and willingness to help.

G'Day to ya Sir!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic