This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TrafficPlusPak Military Aircraft 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TrafficPlusPak Military Aircraft 2
    Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:52am
Hello, I just got this add-on for my FSX and am using UT2 along with it, I can't seem to get any Military aircraft to appear in my FSX though.

I read through the entire Users Guide and all it says is:The PlusPak will be installed with a precompiled traffic database. The new flights and aircraft will appear in your Flight Simulator without further action required.

My question, is there ANY setting in the FSX setup that needs to be turned on to get this to work?

Since I use UT2 I had both my GA and Airliner traffic in FSX set to 0, I tried setting both of these to 20% but I still see no Military aircraft, parked or otherwise, at the AFB I am flying out of.

Thanks for any info
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 7:14am
Are you referring to this product here (see link)?

Traffic PlusPak - Military Aircraft 2
JimBeamBlack View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 2:32pm
Howdy Freddy, That is the one.

Also, are the Airport Facilities scenery needed? They mess up some of my GEX/UTX scenery at MacDill AFB, trees on the runways and such.
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 4:55pm
I have 360 with plus packs, I hear military callsigns talking on ATC, haven't seen any yet but have not landed any where I would expect to see them....
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 6:47pm
I'm using it with (or along side of) Ultimate Traffic 2, not sure if this the issue or not I can't find any info on that with the Bing search.

I tried reinstalling it and it found the old installation so it is there.

Wain, are you also using the default FSX air traffic? because I wonder if it has to have those set to a certain percentage to get something to show up.

or maybe it's just the air base that I'm using, MacDill is a air refueling wing now, not sure.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 2:09am
I will guess that not seeing the military traffic from the PlusPak may have something to do with the fact that you have UT2.

UT2 would obviously use its own AI traffic BGL file. I wonder if the UT2 traffic file is in the older style legacy BGL format, or whether it's in the newer FSX style format?

The reason why that would be significant is because FSX is only capable of running ONE older style legacy format BGL file at a time.

The BGL file from the TrafficPlusPak Military Aircraft 2 package will be in the older style legacy format. And, if the UT2 file is also in the older style legacy format, then trying to run the UT2 file at the same time as the TrafficPlusPak file will cause problems.

There are tools/utilities available on the Internet that you can download and use to convert older style legacy BGLs in to the newer FSX style format. And, thus, if all the BGL files are in the newer FSX style format, they will happily run together.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 2:20am
I read today that UT2 does not use the old bgl format, it injects the traffic in from outside of FSX. It runs as it's own program side by side, and it works awesome.
That's why I am able to turn off all FSX traffic inside the FSX control panel and still have live traffic.

This program should have no problem running side by side with UT2 since that is the case, I'm going to try to turn up the FSX traffic to about 50% GA and Airliner and see if that works. I just hope it doesn;t kill my frame rate.

And Thank You big time for the help and effort Freddy, I do appreciate your time and thoughts.

I think I'm just missing somethng....I just can't think of what it would be.

PS: I have been flying this sim all day...my wife is gonna kill me...hehe

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 2:24am
Hmmm. Interesting how UT2 works. Fair enough.

If you want to take the risk, why not uninstall UT2 and then see if you have the TrafficPlusPak AI appearing? A suggestion might be to uninstall UT2 and then re-install the TrafficPlusPak after that ... in case some files need to be put in place that could not be put in place whilst UT2 was installed.

If you do this and then do see the TrafficPlusPak traffic, then that will at least confirm the product works ... and you can then diagnose further from there.

One thing which further comes to mind for me, based on what you say about how UT2 works, is that perhaps you still do have ANOTHER older style legacy format AI file on your machine that you may not even be aware you have. There is a utility/tool that you can download from here to check for that: Traffic X BGL check

I realise that tool is for Traffic X, but I'm hoping that it should work for you nonetheless.

----------------------------

Oh, and regarding the Airport Facilities, no you don't need those. I'd suggest using the SCENERY menu options in FSX to uncheck (untick) them, or simply move them down the order so they don't load up ahead of your existing scenery.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 2:43am
I just tried turning the FSX AI aircraft traffic to 50% each and still nothing, not even a call sign from the AFB ATC.

Oh well it only cost me like $8 with my Just Flight points so I'll just let it be for while and keep looking around the net for ideas.

I did find a VERY old forum post over at the UT2 forums, in there a guy said he was running this along with UT2 and it worked fine, maybe I'll try to PM him and see if he is still around.

Thanks Freddy an Wain for the effort!! If I can return the favor one day I will!!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 2:47am
I realise I edited my post to add the details about the utility tool AFTER you had posted your last post.

You therefore may not have seen my suggestion to use that utility tool.

I hope you are still browsing this thread and you do see that suggestion.

It would be interesting to see if that utility does work and perhaps can give you some extra clues ...
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimBeamBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 3:15am
Hey yeah man, I'll give it a try.

I'm still gonna check this post to see if anyone thinks of anything, I just found a tweak for windows (color quality) and I'm gonna give it a try...with some more flying!!

thanks brother!! I'll let ya know if it works!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2013 at 3:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic