This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Real World Aviation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duxford Spring Airshow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duxford Spring Airshow
    Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:56pm
Duxford Spring Airshow last weekend. BRILLIANT! Hurricanes, Spits, Mustangs, a Thunderbolt, a Lanc, a B-17 and other warbirds. Sorry no screenshots. JF please note, there is a Britannia, a VC10, Trident, BAC1-11 and an Airspeed Ambassador there as I'm sure you are aware.

Oh! and did I mention the Britannia? Wink    
Must Fly!
Hot_Charlie View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 7:05pm
Was that a hint?

The Trident and BAC 1-11 were nicely modelled by Dave Maltby with VCs for FS9, but the FS world has lacked a decent VC'd VC10 and Britannia!
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 3:59pm
Dave Maltby has done the BAC 1-11, DH 106 Comet, HS Trident and the VC-10.
JBK has done an excellent Britannia and is a freeware model, brt_v10.zip

Hope this helps
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Deltahotel View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deltahotel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 5:14pm
dodgy-a, I agree with all those. hifly did you ever try that recommended Brit? I reckon you'd quite enjoy that one, JBK has done a lot of great stuff.
Dave H
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by dodgy-alan dodgy-alan wrote:

Dave Maltby has done the BAC 1-11, DH 106 Comet, HS Trident and the VC-10.

Yeah, but he never got round to doing a VC for the VC-10 though IIRC!
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 10:33pm
Just got home from a few days working in London and back there next week so I'm lucky to get a flight in these days but thanks for the leads guys.

Saw a marvellous old classic at Duxford, the Hawker Hunter, also met a marvellous classic who flew them known to us as Delta Hotel. Thumbs%20Up

BTW, IIRC?
Must Fly!
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hot_Charlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2013 at 11:07pm
If I Remember Correctly?
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2013 at 8:15am
OIC.

NE14T?
Must Fly!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic