This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Creating new flight plans

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating new flight plans
    Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 9:59am
Just got my traffic fixed up now able to get into flight plans and I want to create a flight, looked in the flights plan right clicked to either edit or create but it did not work or I couldnt understand how to do it could some one please tell me how to creat and complie.
Thanks in avance.
Darren.
Soaranden View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soaranden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2013 at 11:07am
For Traffic X, download this free tutorial: Creating, Editing & Deleting Flight Plans
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:55am
IMPORTANT NOTE about the Tutorial ...

Remember that the Tutorial forgets to mention that after adding or editing flight plans in the Traffic Control Centre you must RECOMPILE the traffic database so that your changes appear in FSX. Read this thread here for details on how to do that: How do I recompile the Traffic Database?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 10:30am
Thanks Guys, I had fun having ago last night but the one thing I could not understand was the curcuit time what is that and how do you set it?
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 12:51pm
I'll get to the answer, but first some definitions are required to aid with understanding the answer. You may already know these definitions, so I hope I am not wasting your time with them. If so, just skip down a few paragraphs to the answer.

The word "circuit" is used to describe the path an aircraft flys when it is landing (in some cases, the word circuit can also be used when talking about take offs). In some countries, circuits are referred to as "traffic patterns". Usually, a "circuit" is flown like a box, with the aircraft flying next to and parallel to the runway that it wants to land on ... flying a certain distance away from the airport staying on this course heading. This part of the circuit is called the "downwind leg" (or simply "downwind"). The aircraft eventually turns 90 degrees to fly a short distance (called the "base leg", or simply "base") and then 90 degrees one last time (this time lining up with the runway) and then coming in for its landing. This box shape is called a "circuit". The idea of flying a "circuit" is for safety (everybody else in the area knows exactly what you are doing and where you are), and to provide a structured "plan" which helps the pilot not only set up for the landing, but also to line up perfectly for the landing.

Circuits can be used in pilot training to teach students takeoffs and landings. The student takes off, flys a circuit, lands but doesn't stop, takes off again, flys a circuit, lands but doesn't stop, takes off again ... keep repeating. This process of flying circuits but not fully landing, stopping and parking the aircraft is called "touch-and-goes". The student does many of these touch-and-goes to get used to takeoffs, landings, and flying "circuits".

So, in Traffic X, what is "circuit time"? Traffic X is referring to when you want to set up an AI plane to do "touch-and-goes". The AI plane will take off, fly a circuit, land but not stop, take off again ... repeat. The AI plane will fly as many touch-and-goes as you set for it (by using the box labelled "CIRCUITS UNTIL"). The "CIRCUITS UNTIL" box sets the END time for the circuits. So the DEPARTURE TIME is when the plane begins flying the circuits and doing its touch-and-goes, and the CIRCUITS UNTIL box sets the time that the plane will STOP doing this.

Note that both the DEPARTURE airport AND the DESTINATION airport must be the SAME airport for this to work. It is obviously not possible for a plane to do touch-and-goes from one airport to another airport. So, if you set DIFFERENT airports for departure and destination, and then enter a time in the CIRCUITS UNTIL box, Traffic X will give you an error message.

Also note that FSX will only let AI planes do touch-and-goes at airports that are NOT BUSY. If the airport has other planes parked there which are scheduled to do normal flights with normal flight plans, then it is very unlikely that the plane you have set up to do touch-and-goes will actually do them. That AI plane either won't be loaded in to the sim at all, or it will just remain parked and not do anything. So, to set up and see AI planes do touch-and-goes, the airport where you set them up must NOT be a busy airport.

Finally, NONE of what I have said here is important in any way if you want to set up normal flight plans for AI planes. In other words, you would only need to enter something in the CIRCUIT TIME box if and when you want to set up an AI plane to do touch-and-goes. If you're instead setting up normal AI activity with normal flight plans flying planes to different airports on different schedules, then you simply leave the CIRCUITS UNTIL box empty/blank.
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2013 at 11:33am
I have done a few plans now and compiled after I have done the plans and in the flights plans of the airlines eg Qantas at Perth I still dont see the QF flight I have  created in at Perth I have compiled so am I doing some thing wrong?
Darren View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 11:58am
Freddy you never waste any bodys time on here you are briliant at this I find every thing you write here is very interesting.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2013 at 10:51pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic