This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Development?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swervr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Development?
    Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 5:06pm
After buying the Tristar and liking the overall look and feel off the aircraft, I find myself considering whether it was a sound purchase.

There are a number of basic omissions in the package, for instance:

No Autoland
No Load/Config utility
No trim option

Now of course we do have INS navigation, but I feel a little aggrieved that I have paid a price that is pretty much that paid elsewhere for a medium level simulation, but I seem to have an F-Lite product.

Can someone reassure me that there is a development path for the Tristar that will expand its capability?

Regards
Mervyn
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2013 at 9:02pm
[QUOTE=swervr1]After buying the Tristar and liking the overall look and feel off the aircraft, I find myself considering whether it was a sound purchase.

There are a number of basic omissions in the package, for instance:

No Autoland
No Load/Config utility
No trim option

[QUOTE]

The above three items are not mentioned in the spec. Why complain? 
Must Fly!
swervr1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swervr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2013 at 6:21pm
I have a perfect right to complain about whatever I choose. This product does not live up to expectation at present and I have thrown open the question is there any development planned on the Tristar to improve it.

My comment highlighted the fact that the pricing seems high for a product which is in my opinion F-Lite. With that comment I was hoping for a response from Just Flight.

Regards
Mervyn
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 5:09pm
Hello swervr1. With respect, of course you have a right to complain but this product has come as advertised apart from the inevitable bugs which I am sure will be sorted. My point is that you were expecting features that were not in the original spec, ie no autoland and no loading utility. I wouldn't buy a car and expect the dealer to give me a free upgrade after I had put my money down so I feel that that critisism is unfair. As for the price, £30 seems reasonable for what it is.

BTW I am not employed by JF
Must Fly!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2013 at 5:42pm
Hi chaps,
We are looking into the points raised at the moment. Hopefully some info on the contents of the update soon
swervr1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swervr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 7:03pm
Firstly, thanks Rich I look forward to seeing the items within the update.

HiFly, I understand what you are saying and I apologise if I seemed a little short. The reaction was an unfortunate side effect of being "policed" by forum members elsewhere.

Regards,
Mervyn
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2013 at 9:09pm
No worries Merv, I do take your point about it being F-lite though which suits me but I think there should be a universal coding for the level of complexity. I bought Capt Sims' 757 when I was a newcomer to FS, caused a lot of Angry

Regards,
Must Fly!
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 12:27pm
Just got the livery expansion Thumbs%20Up Any chance of more liveries, Eastern, TWA, Cathay etc?
Must Fly!
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2013 at 12:30pm
More liveries are being worked on...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic