This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can I improve water texture in FSX?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I improve water texture in FSX?
    Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 11:53am
Hi: I am trying to see if I can improve my water textures in FSX with my graphics card which is a Nvidia GeForce7500LE updated with the latest driver from Nvidia 169.25_forceware. The card is 256 MB here is a screenie of what they look like:

Smile
Dell Vostro 220 Pendium Dual Core.

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 11:57am
Wait for THIS http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/index.html to come out!! Shocked

It's for FS9, too!!!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 1:15pm
Wow! VulcanB2: Looks amazing, real! Just wondering GeForce7500LE is not DX10 compatible, Vista is and my dxdiag says I am running DX10. I am not an expert at hard or software Did get good water textures at one point with a driver, nice blue shiny water textures, but I installed the latest Nvidia driver and lost them, and I have tried to reverse to the previous installed driver and it doesn't helpCry And am afraid of loosing my good frames 20/20

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 1:29pm
Quote GeForce7500LE is not DX10 compatible

DX10 in FSX is over-rated. It was a marketing gimmick but blew up in MS faces when people actually started to run it. It offers nothing that DX9 didn't (in terms of FSX).

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 8:46pm
I agree! Yes I've never noticed any big difference, I had Fs9 and FSX running on my old machine but the GC fan started to rattle. the bearing of the fan got worn the day the warranty run outAngry...

I began to fiddle with the settings and I'm getting better textures but at the cost of FPS, so this is a compromiseErmm...And I don't realy think they look hat great.There's no break in the waves and the squares, colors and pixelation is HORRIBLE...
I tried checking the Light Bloom tick, but at nights all lights go haywireThumbs%20Down Unfortunately I belive this card is not very good when it comes to water textures in FSX. Just managed too to get some shine on the textures, on the side the sun is shining, but the textures overall elsewhere go into big squares and they pixelate and take a long time to loadWacko have a look:

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 9:15pm
Quote but the textures overall elsewhere go into big squares and they pixelate and take a long time to load

Where??

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 9:21pm
VulcanB2: Maybe I am using the wrong technical terms, I am sorry, What I mean is the metalic blue that appears on the water just underneath the airplane...

This shows up during night-time and if I were to increase the value, move the slider it appears at daytime tooThumbs%20Down

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 9:23pm
Where were you when you took those? I'll try and re-create here.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 9:58pm
Taking off runway 4 left from Copenhagen Kastrup, as soon as you take off as you can see just above 500ft. look to your left and you'll see some wind mills (5) Turbines 

The first screenie the plane is flying on a more northerly direction, try to copy the coordinates from the top of the screen shots.
I await a reply with a comparison?...Wink I'll appreciate itThumbs%20Up 

Some weeks ago I has FS GLOBAL X 2008 installed and I found Aerofiles Texture Booster Pack FSX.zip (fantastic) Google it, if you want? But it killed my FS, my sys. couldn't handle it.

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 10:08pm
D'oh!! Didn't see that there. BRB!

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 10:14pm
Sorry, don't understand, didn't see the textures or the mills??

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 10:16pm
Hi,

Best regards,
Vulcan.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 10:34pm

Very good screenie, you're close, a bit more to your left, I mean panning right towards the moon shine in the water, your left side of the screenie and maybe? Considering you have 1Gb card and mine is 256/512 What driver are you using? The mills should be on you left, depending on your scenery settings...

My scenery settings are complexity Dense and autogen Dense

I'll appreciate if we can continue this tomorrowSleepy

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

VulcanB2 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VulcanB2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2008 at 11:16pm
Hi,

I can't replicate the blue in the water. The wind turbines are dead ahead of the aircraft. I panned until the reflection of the Moon was in the screenshot.

What time of day/year did you take yours? Real-time, the Moon is below the horizon.

Best regards,
Vulcan.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 8:42am
Quote GC fan started to rattle. the bearing of the fan got worn the day the warranty run outAngry...

Sorry to interupt... but I hope you didn't discard your graphics card. aftermarket coolers are very cheap and perform beautifully.
berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 10:30am
VulcanB2. Last night 8:46 pm. Couldn't see the moon though,overcast.

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 10:36am
Martin: No I didn't discard anything I still have that computer parked in a closet here. G.C'S are expensive here and replacing a fan costs more than a new card. This computer was built by a firm that specializes in this, but went broke.I tried together with a friend to fit another fan into the card but the size was different; Another thing that was terrible with that computer was the inbuilt sound card which I changed with a Creative SoundBlasterII card and that helped a lot... And updatable Motherboard, so you can see how old fashioned it was built. Therefore I decided to park it and eventually use it for parts one of these days; It's only a 512 MB machine

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 11:14am
I did a bit of reading in Google and hit a good article about Nvidia drivers and problems and issues, there they mentioned the water texture issue, it could be helped with "antialiazing ticked on" So I decided to try and see the result no blue shadowsSmile... 

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

berlopez View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berlopez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 11:50am
Sorry If I don't know how to post in a more concise way; This really helped even at daytime, here I am in the New York area after taking off JFK:

2.8 2.70 Ghz

3.00GB

Nvidia GeForce 7600 Gs

High Definition Audio

MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 11:51am
Originally posted by berlopez berlopez wrote:

Martin: No I didn't discard anything I still have that computer parked in a closet here. G.C'S are expensive here and replacing a fan costs more than a new card. This computer was built by a firm that specializes in this, but went broke.I tried together with a friend to fit another fan into the card but the size was different; Another thing that was terrible with that computer was the inbuilt sound card and updatable Motherboard, so you can see how old fashioned it was built. Therefore I decided to park it and eventually use it for parts one of these days; It's only a 512 MB machine
If it's an old card fair enough, but coolers from Arctic Cooling a dirt cheap for GPU's and very good. I have a Thermalright cooler on mine which is expenseive, the Arctic Cooling jobs are about £17.

As for your water... have you thought about FEX?

many regard it as a must have... my next purchase actually and there's a weather engine to be released for it soon. Free!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic