This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Flying Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Duchess in FSX

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadRobbie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duchess in FSX
    Posted: 19 Mar 2013 at 12:37am
Hello,

Recently purchased the (Flying Club) Duchess and Seneca for FSX. Not tried the Seneca yet as enjoying the Duchess greatly... however, I do have a question in relation to the values displayed in the aircraft reference data on the in-game kneepad:

In the engine run-up section, it says with prop levers fully forward to increase the throttles to 2200 RPM prior to conducting the magneto check. When I do this my aircraft will roll forward as if it's starting out on the take-off run down the active... and this has been tried over more than a dozen flights (with various weight loadings) by holding the brakes down or by setting the parking brake - neither seem to hold the Duchess on the spot. The maximum I can safely take the engines up to before the brakes fail to hold is 1600 RPM.

Does anyone else get this?
Is it possible to change the value of the parking brakes in the config file to make them stick when running at the RPM indicated by the a/c checklists? If so, can anyone recommend what I should change it to?

Apart from this one niggle (if you can call it that), it's a very welcome addition to my FSX hangar.

Cheers!
Rob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic